Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Build your own Y-Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 02:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Build your own Y-Pipe

Finally got the cam swap, poly mounts, new valve springs and Pacesetter Ceramis LT's done and need to work on the rest of the exhaust. I've decided I'm going to do a catted Y, cutouts, into a magnaflow catback to keep it quiet when it needs to be, and scream what i want it to!

Just wondering if anyone has built their own Y to do this, pics will help a lot!

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-08-2012, 12:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

search is your best friend. if you are going custom you might as well invest in some custom made merge like the flowmaster merge, preferably a wider than 3" like 3.5 or 4 to a 3.5 or 4 cutout reduced to your magnaflow catback, it will eliminate LOTS of rasp, you should have almost zero rasp with your cats. AND suck every single hp\tq out of it while sounding great good luck!
Old 03-08-2012, 07:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im about to do a custom y also, doing a h/c/i swap also so my y will be a 3" with a magnaflow 3" y merge wish i could go 3" into 4" y but I already have a 3" cutout on my hooker exhuast and dont want to go through the process of changing it, damn newbie mistakes b!!!

Quick Reply: Build your own Y-Pipe