Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric exhaust cutouts

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 06:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric exhaust cutouts

I wanna do an an exhaust cutout with and electric opener, i run a magnaflow single exhaust was gonna put it before the rearend, never used one before any suggestions would be appreciated
Old 03-27-2012, 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You dont want them man.. I have Dual cutouts and I had to disconnect them to tune the damn car. In my opinion they are a waste of money. its cool at first done get me wrong. But it gets old.. The butterfly flap doesnt get a good seal, then you can hear your exhaust leakin from it..
Old 03-27-2012, 04:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by camarodude87
You dont want them man.. I have Dual cutouts and I had to disconnect them to tune the damn car. In my opinion they are a waste of money. its cool at first done get me wrong. But it gets old.. The butterfly flap doesnt get a good seal, then you can hear your exhaust leakin from it..
why did you have to disconnect them to tune the car?

also DMH>QTP and i wouldn't bother with dual cut outs, a single one before the axle should suffice. there are many people running single DMH's with out issue.