Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hope TSP sees this

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 10:29 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I hope TSP sees this

Alright so TSP has a great TD setup out there, but for many people, including myself, dumped duals are just too loud. I love the sounds but for my daily driver its too much.

I'm hoping many people will join me on this

But basically I want people to agree or disagree that TSP should sell an OVER THE AXEL KIT for the f-bodies. I mean I have no clue why they haven't yet, there's not one single company that actually makes a kit for TD's to run OTA and it blows my mind.

I think people would be all over these kits like a hobo on a ham sandwich

let me know your inputs and I hope TSP starts this soon because F*ck having a shop fab one up for hundreds of $$

Okey I guess i should have explained better, I understand Kooks has a TD setup but what I mean I think TSP should sell separately an over the axle extension for dumped duals....I don't see any sense in spending $1400 on a TD setup from kooks....yes its the best setup I've heard but not for poor people like myself lol

Last edited by Fst_Byrd; 03-28-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

...um, Kooks?
Old 03-28-2012, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

i was just going to say, Kooks makes over the axle true.....in single or quad tip, with cats or without cats, very nice setup, i have it just havent installed it yet
Old 03-28-2012, 10:37 AM
On The Tree

I have wondered the same thing. If they had offered that for 100-200 more dollars, I would have definitely thrown my money at them. Don't get me wrong... I love my dumped duals from TSP, but i can't pass inspection because of it. Still working on finding a friendly shop in the Austin area.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy has the Kook's TD with quad tips and it fit very nice when we put it in; sounds pretty sweet as well.

C
Old 03-28-2012, 11:00 AM
12 Second Club

Im behind you completely on this one. Kinda one of those obvious things that never get said. The single pipes sound good, but there isnt anything like true duals.

Dumps and cutouts = overrated, lets see a real exhaust system
Old 03-28-2012, 11:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why dont you guys route the duals under the axle? So if you ever do need to take them off use a band clamp so they will come off with just a few bolts.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:27 AM
Staging Lane

If you dont want to drop the cash on kooks then why complain? Gotta pay to play. Buy some bends and fab one up yourself if you are that worried about it.
Also i think for every 1 person that complains about the loudness of the dumped duals, there are 3-5 people who love it.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

TSP could make this but it would be way more than 100-200 over their dual kit. It would probably be 800-1000 total. Lots of time and engineering go into a kit like the kooks hence the price, and the materials used. A good exhaust shop would probably charge you a grand. If you want cheap over the axle true duals do it yourself or take it to a hack.

If Tsp made this with mandrel bends and keep the price around 600 Im sure they would sell a lot
Old 03-28-2012, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Austinma62
Why dont you guys route the duals under the axle? So if you ever do need to take them off use a band clamp so they will come off with just a few bolts.
Clearance. And if you're lowered, just no.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:16 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As already stated, Kooks makes a nice kit, and Bassani has one as well. For TSP to do this, they'd have to completely re-engineer everything, because as it sits, they'd have to do one pipe over each axle due to their current routing. That would have to be done very carefully since there are fuel and brake lines that run very close to that area on the driver's side, not to mention the potential clearance issues with the upper panhard brace and panhard rod. Toss in the variances that exist from car to car, and they could have a potential nightmare.

If they ran both pipes over the passenger side, it would require an upper panhard brace relocation kit ($$), and they would have to totally reconfigure their x-pipe (or at least have some weird bends) to get the pipes pointing in that direction. That's a lot of R&D for a market that is extremely limited. The average f-body owner doesn't want to spend a whole lot of money for something like this, and you've already lumped yourself in that category by saying you aren't willing to pay the Kooks price, which isn't bad considering what you get.

This isn't a simple task...if it was, they'd have already done it. They stand to make 0 profit doing something like this, so why should they?
Old 03-28-2012, 01:36 PM
TECH Junkie

It'd be expensive, there's a major lack of clearance, these cars are getting old, and most people don't need a TD setup as the Y-pipe setup really isn't all that constrictive until you're making some serious power (which most people aren't).
Old 03-28-2012, 04:28 PM
12 Second Club

to run it over the axle really isnt that bad. You need the offset upper panhard rod, and a good exhaust guy to build it. the material alone costs about 500$ to do it with all mandrel bends. that is with mufflers. took on of my friends about 7 hours to do it on his car.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:15 PM
Captain Double Post

Do you not search threads, there was just a 5page talk about this, duals are not made to be quiet, there a max effort setup for a great price, you could always run them to the back but guess what its still going to be loud,another reason they will not do this because people expect it to be a direct fit, well no car is the same and some work would need to be done,which some people would just complain about, you can run extensions for under a 150, the tsp duals is a great setup for the money
Old 03-28-2012, 07:20 PM
Captain Double Post

Also if tsp did offer a ota kit best believe it would be around 8 to 900 easy, search for the other thread there was alot of good stuff in there
Old 03-29-2012, 08:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Austinma62

I know under the axle is cheaper and works just as well just kind of an aesthetics thing for me its a lot cleaner looking over the axle, but for that its eachs persons preference both work great
Old 03-29-2012, 08:58 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by _max_POWER
If you dont want to drop the cash on kooks then why complain? Gotta pay to play. Buy some bends and fab one up yourself if you are that worried about it.
Also i think for every 1 person that complains about the loudness of the dumped duals, there are 3-5 people who love it.

I'm not complaining by any means, just stating that i think TSP would make alot of money if they sold extensions from dumps to over the axle. and as i stated DO love the sound of dumped duals
but in my area I have gotten way to many tickets for my exhaust in the past I dont feel like dealing with that again and its my DD

I am doing the exhaust myself and it would have been nice to be able to buy an over the axle kit to make this easier for myself in my garage lol
Old 03-29-2012, 09:04 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Do you not search threads, there was just a 5page talk about this, duals are not made to be quiet, there a max effort setup for a great price, you could always run them to the back but guess what its still going to be loud,another reason they will not do this because people expect it to be a direct fit, well no car is the same and some work would need to be done,which some people would just complain about, you can run extensions for under a 150, the tsp duals is a great setup for the money
I search threads on here like crazy havent seen one talking about OTA extensions, do you have a link i cant find it? and yeah thats a very good point i would understand that each would need its own fabbing done to make it work which yes...would bring in b*tching and complaining
Old 03-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Staging Lane

https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...back-pics.html
Old 03-29-2012, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fst_Byrd
I'm not complaining by any means, just stating that i think TSP would make alot of money if they sold extensions from dumps to over the axle. and as i stated DO love the sound of dumped duals
but in my area I have gotten way to many tickets for my exhaust in the past I dont feel like dealing with that again and its my DD

I am doing the exhaust myself and it would have been nice to be able to buy an over the axle kit to make this easier for myself in my garage lol
Every car is different and an over the axle option could hurt sales with install (bashing) problems....it'd probably be $300 or better for the entire kit. About the same as what an exhust shop would cost. It would be nice..but they don't. I love my under the axle look....It let's everyone who sees, know I have duals. It's not loud at all for me dd, I can't wait till my cam goes in...
http://pix.kg/p/931926556311%3A1637310850/sct