Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant Tubes...what to use?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 11:47 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant Tubes...what to use?

I have a 6.0 with ls3 heads. This is a carburated track only car. I was told I needed to use the coolant tubes off an F body so that it will hook up to all 4 corners. But, the factory tubes that connected to all 4 are not available from the dealer now. It specifies to block off the rears, not sure about that.

Any ideas?
Old 03-30-2012, 11:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are coolant tubes available even from aftermarket venders to connect all 4 corners, and i personally recommend doing so.

you wanna try to keep coolant flow to all sections of the block even, eliminating "hot spots" where the coolant cant vent/escape.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by streetknight2
I have a 6.0 with ls3 heads. This is a carburated track only car. I was told I needed to use the coolant tubes off an F body so that it will hook up to all 4 corners. But, the factory tubes that connected to all 4 are not available from the dealer now. It specifies to block off the rears, not sure about that.

Any ideas?
I bought an early Y body LS1 that has the coolant tubes on all corners. I think they saved money going to the front corners on the f body, but all connectors and lines are available and recommended.