Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BBK LT's finally installed with impressive Dyno gains/Vids and results

Old 04-10-2012, 12:59 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BBK LT's finally installed with impressive Dyno gains/Vids and results

2002 WS6 m6 120k on the clock

I'm impressed with the results and the sound of my car. I'm sure the cats helped clean up a lot of potential rasp.

Prior numbers were with EPS mild cam222/226 115+3 /SLP lid/GMMG Catback were 364.9 rwhp and 346 lb/ft torque.

New numbers today after the BBK LT and catted Y pipe install retuned on the dyno came out to 391 rwhp and 365 lb/ft torque.

So the headers are 1/3/4's with a smaller 2.5 inch BBK y pipe with high flow metallic cats provided an increase of about 26 rwhp and 19 lb/ft. Not bad at all for the budget headers. Plus the GMMG sounds even more amazing

Person that installed them said they were the easiest set of headers that he had ever installed. Headers seem to be of very good quality with thick flanges, and the chrome finish is the lone bright spot in my dirty engine bay, lol. Believe the hype! For 370 shipped with y pipe with a pretty good merge, is a helluva deal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWsWKF13_tE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHjDu...feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVoTu...feature=relmfu

Last edited by jthunderz28; 04-10-2012 at 02:00 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:01 AM
Launching!

Sounds great. Mean as hell .
Old 04-10-2012, 02:07 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Formy
Sounds great. Mean as hell .
Thanks man, 3rd video at 55 seconds in she literally growls for the camera...LOL. It definitely woke up the car.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good! Thats good to know since I have those headers. I was originally going to go with TSP but since they were on back order for a while I didnt feel like waiting. I was a little torn because they were smaller primaries and a leaning a little towards a mid length header. But the install was so easy and it definitely feels like it woke the car up and definitely sounds better with the nice merge. Plus they look really cool when the chrome turns purple and blue

Do you have any leaks? I think I have one and I cannot figure out where its coming from? Maybe the ball and socket flanges?
Old 04-10-2012, 02:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by silversrtman
Sounds good! Thats good to know since I have those headers. I was originally going to go with TSP but since they were on back order for a while I didnt feel like waiting. I was a little torn because they were smaller primaries and a leaning a little towards a mid length header. But the install was so easy and it definitely feels like it woke the car up and definitely sounds better with the nice merge. Plus they look really cool when the chrome turns purple and blue

Do you have any leaks? I think I have one and I cannot figure out where its coming from? Maybe the ball and socket flanges?
Yeah TSP has a sweet deal on stainless. Last I checked they had a bunch of 1 3/4's in stock, like 100 of them, lol. The 1 7/8's are the ones that they had been out of stock for a while.

I almost went with them, but for the price with the y pipe, you can't beat the BBK. I just wanted some extra funds to do other stuff to the car like LCA's, motor mounts, re-Dyno Tune, and my LS7 clutch.

I just inshad them installed over the weekend so no leaks yet, and hopefully ever.

I'm not too sure about them turning purple blue, lol but to each their own.

Overall I'm happy everything went without a hitch.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like Forcefed Perf?
Old 04-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Launching!

Last I knew BBK only offered an off road y-pipe.
Did you use a different brand y-pipe or add cats to the BBK ORY?

I've heard that fitment with the ORY is exceptional for a long tube header.
How do they fit with the catted y-pipe? How is the clearance?
Old 04-10-2012, 10:58 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
Looks like Forcefed Perf?
Yup, it was dyno tuned at Forcefed performance. Billy is the the LSX whisperer over there, lol.

Originally Posted by OSU Football Fan
Last I knew BBK only offered an off road y-pipe.
Did you use a different brand y-pipe or add cats to the BBK ORY?

I've heard that fitment with the ORY is exceptional for a long tube header.
How do they fit with the catted y-pipe? How is the clearance?
The BBK ORY has a pretty damn good merge for what you pay for the whole thing.

I bought 2 High Flow metallic cats and had them welded into the BBK Y-Pipe.

I do scrape on speed bumps if I don't go at a good angle, I am lowered on Strano springs though. Others have said they don't scrape at all even when lowered, not me, lol.

But no two cars are ever the same, so its hit and miss really in terms of clearance.

The headers did fit with tremendous ease. It helped that I sprayed the exhaust manifold bolts with WD-40 the night before, sometimes those are a pain to get off.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

wow i am actually very surprised. i have a baby cam also and it was dynod at 360 and 330 before LTs. put bbks on (no cats) could tell the engine was breathing better. this kinda gives me an idea of what im making now.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where did you buy the headers and the cats from? How much did it cost to have them welded in? Sounds great!
Old 04-11-2012, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've had my chrome BBK's for a while and they seem to be holding up well. No rust and they really haven't started turning colors yet. Install was beyond easy. They left a grin on my face the first time i went for a drive after the install. I'm sure it was a even bigger difference for you with the cam. The factory manifolds are good at choking the motor.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

jthunderz28, where exactly did you end up having the high-flow cats installed in the y-pipe, got any photos?
Old 04-11-2012, 11:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by silversrtman

The ball flanges on these headers rarely leak unless the stud nuts are too loose. I bought the ceramic coated ones back in 08 & they have some surface rust but still holding up great. Very pleased with them. Best budget header period, very well made. I do like the way the chrome ones look, just wonder what they will look like in a few years.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:24 PM
11 Second Club

i have these as well, and i also have a slight leak i cannot find, i noticed that the band clamp they provide was leaking, but tightened it a bit but can still hear a leak
Old 04-11-2012, 11:56 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
jthunderz28, where exactly did you end up having the high-flow cats installed in the y-pipe, got any photos?
I can post pictures this weekend.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Launching!

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Where did you have the cat welded in? I'm planning on having a shop weld mine in this weekend but not sure where the best place would be to have them add. If you could post some pictures of your Y pipe that would great!!

BTW: I'm new to LS1tech and just installed my first set of headers (bbk obviously) last weekend.... I have to say the install was sooo much easier then I thought it was going to be!!
Old 04-19-2012, 03:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

how does everyone feel they compare in power to pacesetter long tubes and 3" ory?
Old 04-19-2012, 04:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Congrats on the awesome gains

Last edited by dans94z28; 04-19-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jthunderz28
I can post pictures this weekend.
...... ........ .........
Old 04-19-2012, 07:37 PM
12 Second Club

Where did u get your cats from? I want to run cats in my Y . I too have BBK setup

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BBK LT's finally installed with impressive Dyno gains/Vids and results