Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

starter is an over achiver need help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starter is an over achiver need help!

Just went out to start my car and after it cranked over the starter stuck...so I turned it off and pulled the key...the starter was still going!!!!! All the way until I got pliers and pulled the ground off the batt. Wtf is going on? P.S tried it again same thing!!!! Wtf
Old 04-11-2012, 12:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=1stIDFO;16186111]Just went out to start my car and after it cranked over the starter stuck...so I turned it off and pulled the key...the starter was still going!!!!! All the way until I got pliers and pulled the ground off the batt. Wtf is going on? P.S tried it again same thing!!!! Wtf[/QUOTE

Mine did the same thing the other day. I tried smacking it with a hammer to get it unstuck but no luck so i just bought a new starter. Was going to pull old moe apart but haven't got around to it yet.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Staging Lane

68bbchevelle did yours stay cranking after the key was out too? this starter is about 2 months old now, shitty if i gotta replace it...again ... I've had starters stick, but not stay cranking after the key was out
Old 04-11-2012, 04:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1stIDFO
68bbchevelle did yours stay cranking after the key was out too? this starter is about 2 months old now, shitty if i gotta replace it...again ... I've had starters stick, but not stay cranking after the key was out
yup turn key off and was still cranking. So i turned it to the on position and it was still running, so i ran grabbed a wrench and took of the hot lead to the battery and it stopped then just turned off the car. I tried beating on it with a hammer to loosen it up soon as i hooked up the hot lead it started turning again so i said screw it and bought a new one. Check out these guys for one they were 100.00 cheaper than my local part stores. www.dbelectrical.com
Old 04-11-2012, 05:13 PM
12 Second Club

I would double check to make sure the trigger wire to the solenoid isnt touching the hot wire from the battery at the solenoid. That would trigger the starter immediately when the battery is connected so probably not it but its worth a shot
Old 04-12-2012, 06:10 AM
Staging Lane

Okay thanks for the input guys