Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o2 sensor issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default o2 sensor issue

So okay, i just bought rear vette o2s like i was recommended on here. Denso 234-4617. Anyways put them in drove for like 10 min and i got a SES code P1133. Anyways called rockauto about it the guy there told me that these rear o2s aren't supposed to be pre-cat which is what im using them for that they are just a switch like most rear post cat sensors. Any insight?

Oh an don't use rockauto they don't want to return my money on these piece of **** sensors.

Everyone keeps saying use rear vette o2 sensors but aren't they narrowbands?
Old 04-23-2012, 08:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you just getting the one code even though you replaced 2 sensors?

Last edited by Darkman; 05-06-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A bit harsh don't you think? You bought sensors for a different application based on advice you got from the internet & you're mad rockauto won't take them back?

If you think about what's inside them, you wouldn't want to be the next guy who bought them if they restocked them. It's basically a teacup inside.

Do you know what P1133 really means? Basically, the front sensor on bank one is not switching fast enough. Now maybe the embedded heater (also delicate ceramic) just isn't that compatable from front to rear & it's just a little too cool to function, but having only P1133 & not P1153 means that's probably not it.

It could be a lot of things from plugged or stuck open fuel injector (do you even know if the signal is stuck high or low?), poor tuning, intake manifold leak, etc., etc., et al.

Or maybe you broken the thing when you installed it. TEACUP! Treat all your sensors like they're fragile because they all are.

About narrow band, if you mean a true air-fuel ratio sensor, I think you've got it backwards. Those are wide-band & the traditional switching O2 sensor are narrow-band.

Last edited by NB1-LSX; 05-06-2012 at 03:22 PM. Reason: narrowband

Quick Reply: o2 sensor issue