Go Back   LS1TECH > LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LS7 PERFORMANCE > Generation III External Engine
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Generation III External Engine
LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories

Bassani True-Dual Exhaust Systems WITH headers

Old 04-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
TECH Resident
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 15
Default Bassani True-Dual Exhaust Systems WITH headers

as stated does anyone have the Bassani True-Dual Exhaust Systems (for 4th gen fbody) WITH headers or does anyone know if will work with headers???

pics or any info would be helpful
Blackbird-WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
10 Second Club
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 40

That system was made to work with stock manifolds or shorties IIRC.

Pewter-01-SS-A4
TEA ls6 stage 2 62cc~Comp 228/232 112~Fast 92mm Intake~NW 92mm TB~SLP Smooth Bellow~GM 85mm MAF~FTP 98mm Lid~K&N Filter~SSRA~ARH LTS & ORY~Borla CB~Powerbond 25% Balancer~160 T Stat~FLT4 Trans~Circle-D 1E4K Stall~Motive 3.73~Toyo TQ DRs~MWC Bumper Supports~SMG Tuned
429/392 Mustang dyno
10.990@123.58 1.584
senicalj4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:40 PM   #3
TECH Resident
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by senicalj4579 View Post
That system was made to work with stock manifolds or shorties IIRC.
thats what i thought to BUT i wanted to know if anyone is using it with lts or made it work with them
Old 04-25-2012, 11:15 PM   #4
TECH Apprentice
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 16

Yes, there are several people running this system. One guy that comes to mind is this guy right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnUeofOr84Q There are several videos of his car--it's got a heads and cam setup now. The vid is when he was just bolt ons.

He is a member on here, screen name is "bene." Look him up--he's a nice guy and I actually PM'd him about his duals with a few questions myself.
1998 NBM Z28 M6 swap. Monster Level 2, Tick MC, MGW shifter, SLP lid, BBK SSI intake, Racetronix pump, Hooker LTs, Bassani TDs with Magnaflow Cats, Denny's Driveshaft, Strange 12 bolt with 4.11s, Spohn LCAs, Panhard Bar, and Rear Sway Bar.
Macs98Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:24 PM   #5
TECH Resident
Garage is empty, add now

thank you sir, just sent him a PM
Old 04-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #6
TECH Apprentice
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
thank you sir, just sent him a PM
No prob. This exhaust is really nice. For a long time, I had planned on getting it. I still may, but now I'm leaning more towards a 3" y-pipe-->4" merge-->4" cutout-->3" catback for a few different reasons. Can't beat true duals for sound, though!
1998 NBM Z28 M6 swap. Monster Level 2, Tick MC, MGW shifter, SLP lid, BBK SSI intake, Racetronix pump, Hooker LTs, Bassani TDs with Magnaflow Cats, Denny's Driveshaft, Strange 12 bolt with 4.11s, Spohn LCAs, Panhard Bar, and Rear Sway Bar.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #7
TECH Resident
Garage is empty, add now

does anyone know if i can run this system with a tunnel mounted TQ arm?? i have a MWC setup
Old 05-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #8
TECH Apprentice
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbird-WS6 View Post
does anyone know if i can run this system with a tunnel mounted TQ arm?? i have a MWC setup
I don't think you can, but don't quote me on it. When I was searching around on it, I think I remember seeing it wasn't able to be used with tunnel mounted TAs or something like that. Don't take my word for it, google it and see what you get.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:22 PM   #9
TECH Resident
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macs98Z View Post
I don't think you can, but don't quote me on it. When I was searching around on it, I think I remember seeing it wasn't able to be used with tunnel mounted TAs or something like that. Don't take my word for it, google it and see what you get.
i tryed google and didnt find anything unless i missed it
Old 05-02-2012, 06:59 AM   #10
TECH Regular
2000 Pontiac Trans Am

Trader Rating: 4

Where can I buy this system? I cannot find it on the net ANYWHERE!!
PheonixLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:15 AM   #11
TECH Resident
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by PheonixLS1 View Post
Where can I buy this system? I cannot find it on the net ANYWHERE!!
Ws6 store has it and couple other places
Old 05-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #12
TECH Apprentice
2000 Pontiac Trans Am

Send a message via AIM to 00transamws6

Macs-that's the setup I went with. 3-4" merge 4" cutout 3" back. Big difference.
2000 T/A Ws6- Trickflow As Cast 220 heads, 228 cam, FAST 90, NW 90 TB, 42lb injectors, Harland Sharp Rockers, SLP: headers (old style) and ORY, Flowmaster 3"-4" merge, Race Ready Performance 4"cutout, Dynomax muffler, 4"Corsa Clones, FLT 4L60E, Vigilante 3400 stall, Strange 12-bolt, BMR: STB Spohn: PHB Strano Sway bars, 17" TT2's, UMI: poly/roto LCA's MWC Adjustable TA
00transamws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #13
TECH Apprentice
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00transamws6 View Post
Macs-that's the setup I went with. 3-4" merge 4" cutout 3" back. Big difference.
That's good to know! What was the big difference from? Stock? Or did you have another system that was choked up?
Old 05-03-2012, 11:05 PM   #14
TECH Apprentice
2000 Pontiac Trans Am

Send a message via AIM to 00transamws6

I went from SLP old style headers, their Y-pipe, and cats, to a 3" cutout to 3" back to a Spintech muffler.
So I went with a Flowmaster 3"-4" merge, 4" cutout and got rid of the cats. Everything else is the same.
2000 T/A Ws6- Trickflow As Cast 220 heads, 228 cam, FAST 90, NW 90 TB, 42lb injectors, Harland Sharp Rockers, SLP: headers (old style) and ORY, Flowmaster 3"-4" merge, Race Ready Performance 4"cutout, Dynomax muffler, 4"Corsa Clones, FLT 4L60E, Vigilante 3400 stall, Strange 12-bolt, BMR: STB Spohn: PHB Strano Sway bars, 17" TT2's, UMI: poly/roto LCA's MWC Adjustable TA
00transamws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:59 PM   #15
TECH Apprentice
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00transamws6 View Post
I went from SLP old style headers, their Y-pipe, and cats, to a 3" cutout to 3" back to a Spintech muffler.
So I went with a Flowmaster 3"-4" merge, 4" cutout and got rid of the cats. Everything else is the same.
Interesting. What was the difference in sound between the two cutouts? Does the 4 inch merge and cutout make it sound less like a y-pipe setup, if you know what I mean? The only thing I don't like about the y-pipes is that they don't sound as nice as the duals. I'm wondering if the 4 inch merge/cutout helps that some.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #16
gpr
TECH Regular
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 6

I got this system and just installed not to long ago. Its a great system and so far i love it. Yes it will fit with headers. What I did is i bought some 3" to 2.5" reducers. put the system on loosely to see where i needed for the headers. Then i cut the bassani and welded the reducers on. The kit fits on nice and tucks up very well. It sounds great with no drone and no raspy sound. I think it sounds like a muscle car should, plus it should flow as much or more than a 4" pipe system will if i remember correctly based on the cross section.

Only thing is it is louder than i thought it would be. Other thing i'm not sure I like how they route the pipes for the tips. Not a huge fan of that but it works and looks good once you get it on.

I was curious about the tunnel mount TA also as i will be installing a 4l80e and will be needing something like that. The pipes do tuck up next to the drive shaft pretty well so i wouldn't see a big problem in getting it to fit. Might need a few modifications to work properly.
gpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:38 AM   #17
TECH Resident
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpr View Post
I got this system and just installed not to long ago. Its a great system and so far i love it. Yes it will fit with headers. What I did is i bought some 3" to 2.5" reducers. put the system on loosely to see where i needed for the headers. Then i cut the bassani and welded the reducers on. The kit fits on nice and tucks up very well. It sounds great with no drone and no raspy sound. I think it sounds like a muscle car should, plus it should flow as much or more than a 4" pipe system will if i remember correctly based on the cross section.

Only thing is it is louder than i thought it would be. Other thing i'm not sure I like how they route the pipes for the tips. Not a huge fan of that but it works and looks good once you get it on.

I was curious about the tunnel mount TA also as i will be installing a 4l80e and will be needing something like that. The pipes do tuck up next to the drive shaft pretty well so i wouldn't see a big problem in getting it to fit. Might need a few modifications to work properly.
thanks for the info and keep us undated on how things go

does the driveside pipe that comes off the header hang lower then the rest of the system??? iv seen some pics and it looked to be

is your car lowered? if so how room you have between the exhaust and ground?
Old 05-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #18
TECH Enthusiast
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to kyoytey1693

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpr View Post

Do you have any pics of it installed? I'd like to see it.

Black '01 M6 WS6 - Intercooled MP112 Magnacharger @ 11.4lbs.463HP/546Torque, SLP Lid/LM2, K&N Filter, TR Catch Can, 1 3/4 LT Hookers, B&M Shifter w/ Hurst Pistol Grip, Tick Adj. MC, Stg. 3 Monster w/ 18 lb flywheel, BMR SFC/LCA/PHB, UMI Adj.T/A, T/A Girdle Strano 35mm, Spohn 22mm, Bilsteins, Widened Speedlines, 315 Nittos

"Anything that makes it's own grease doesn't wear out" - Jim French
kyoytey1693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #19
gpr
TECH Regular
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 6

i don't have any pics. i could try and take some with my phone but that's about as good as i can do right now. I think the pipes off both headers tucked up nicely. the driver side one is now welded in place, and is tucked nicely. I think if i would have played with it more it would tuck up even more.

My car isn't lowered but has plenty of clearance. The nice thing about the system is there are almost infinately adjustable. So it took me a while to get it all on and in the right places. Once i did thought it all fit really nice and snug.

I don't have many miles on it as once i got this done i think i drove the car twice more and took out the rear end and has been sitting until i get time fix.

I'd recommend the system. I looked around at a lot of different places and finally once i bought it got it for under $900 shipped to my door. For a true dual system that goes from headers to tail pipes you couldn't get a regular system and Y pipe for that price.

I'll try to get pics of it and measure the ground clearance.
gpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #20
TECH Resident
Garage is empty, add now

Where did you find it for that price??
Old 05-07-2012, 03:43 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement