Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

solid motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 07:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also heard installing the UMI solids is very difficult, the holes don't line up like the stock mounts do...
Old 05-06-2012, 10:24 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by babbage1109
Dont they also raise the engine height by an inch? Unless they've change their design
I emailed them the same thing and they basically said the only way it will raise it up is if you have old saggy rubber mounts.......I took a chance and put them on worried about exhaust banging on my floor. Turns out they are perfect and I love them

Also as far as lining them up to install them, I just did 1 side at a time and they gave me no trouble at all.......It did kinda suck with the headers on the car but every motor mount will
Old 05-06-2012, 12:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 98camaroLS1M6
I also heard installing the UMI solids is very difficult, the holes don't line up like the stock mounts do...
Installing any solid mount will be more difficult because there is no give or movement like rubber or polyurethane allows.

As for holes, our mounts are machined to the exact dimensions as the factory mounts, the hole pattern is the same and the height is also the same. The issue we did have is we engraved the word "UP" on the wrong side of a batch of mounts. This caused the customer to attempt to install them upside down. We quickly corrected this.

I hope that helps,
Ryan
Old 05-06-2012, 01:46 PM
9 Second Club

I have solids on mine. No issues. DO NOT tighten one bolt till all are started.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
As for holes, our mounts are machined to the exact dimensions as the factory mounts, the hole pattern is the same and the height is also the same. The issue we did have is we engraved the word "UP" on the wrong side of a batch of mounts. This caused the customer to attempt to install them upside down. We quickly corrected this.
I have some umi solids going in today, is there a chance I might have gotten mounts from this batch?
Old 05-06-2012, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by babbage1109
Dont they also raise the engine height by an inch? Unless they've change their design
They raise it up some yes. I had to do a bit of trimming under my cowl (just a bit) to get my factory style FAST fuel rail back in there.

Originally Posted by butler
I have solids on mine. No issues. DO NOT tighten one bolt till all are started.
^^this
Old 05-06-2012, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

I had solid mounts however it did increase my vibration I did like it I went back to poly utherane there was no difference in perfomance just vibration did went up the only benefit I see is that the solif will have a longer life kinda switchin one time and that's it but poly will last u a long long time lol
Old 05-06-2012, 08:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why go solid if you can tie the engine down

Old 05-06-2012, 10:37 PM
TECH Addict

Anyone have any tips on how to install the umi solids?
Old 05-07-2012, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some people take the whole stands out so they can run the long bolt out, outside of the car. If you leave it in the car you have to take off some of the accessories.

I sold my old stands to a guy on here who swapped his in out side of the car on my old ones so he could just take the old ones out and put the new ones right in.

I did my solids with the engine in and the accessories off because they were already off at the time.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I got the UMI mounts 2 days ago and they are going in without an issue. I have the engine in the car, headers off, accessories on. Im doing it on ramps in my driveway with help from my dad. UMI makes an excellent piece.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Teching In

What is the power limitations of the poly mounts to warrant switching to a solid mount?
Old 05-21-2012, 04:31 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Suzaku
I have some umi solids going in today, is there a chance I might have gotten mounts from this batch?
Since UMI failed to answer this question, I will answer it myself.

The mounts I received were indeed part of the defective batch, the top of the mount should be the the side that is further away from hole where the motor mount bolt slides in. Double check this and don't install the first time with loctite without double checking to make sure it is the right direction.

Quick Reply: solid motor mounts