Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any PROVEN gains on port matching Fast 102?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any PROVEN gains on port matching Fast 102?

I installed my FAST 102 and NW 102 without touching them, except for drilling the MAP hole in the back. I noticed when I had the lower shell just sitting on the heads there looked to be quite a bit I can take off to get them to line up better.

Now that I'm looking for a couple tenths I figured I would start here before "cheating" and taking some weight out of the car (pass and rear seats, carpet etc) at the track to get a 10.99 or better time slip, yeah yeah I know.

I know there is a Fast 102 thread, as well as a thread with Vengence/Mamo ported 102's but I really don't have the money or down time to send my intake out to get worked on.

So has anyone saw any gains by simply port matching the intake to the cylinder head ports?
Old 05-15-2012, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dyno proven by tony mamo himself

it is expensive, and is seen as a finishing touch.
You want the most out of a heads and cam car, port your fast and nw tb
Old 05-15-2012, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right I understand a Mamo modified FAST will produce results, but I'm asking if a do it yourself simple port match on the intake will actually make a difference
Old 01-25-2021, 12:29 AM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 01cherryreds10
Right I understand a Mamo modified FAST will produce results, but I'm asking if a do it yourself simple port match on the intake will actually make a difference
This is an old thread but im doing this right now. Very easy to do plus i feel the port work make some nice gains. I first ported the lower half to match the head then did the runner. The "Red Line" is where i remove material from the head with a burr. If going to do this, its max effort no cutting corners.

Quick Reply: Any PROVEN gains on port matching Fast 102?