Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Conflicting info on Edelbrocks Pro Flo Intake, am I missing something?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 06:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Conflicting info on Edelbrocks Pro Flo Intake, am I missing something?

Before I start let me say that I am going to run this intake on my GTO, so this is not a should I run this or not. While doing my research on this intake all I could seem to find were people saying that this was a high rpm intake, it doesn't make power down low, etc. As far as dyno numbers short of boosted apps and strokers there wasn't much out there. But the 2 accounts of real dyno testing that I found showed amazing gains on very mild apps. The first being Edelbrocks dyno in their press release. The test motor was a LS1 with CNCd heads, stock compression, bolt ons and a 207/220 .573/.580 118.5 cam. 30+ gain over an LS6 with no low end loss. The other account I found had no graphs but witnesses from ADM performance. LS2 SSR, CNCd 243s, LS2 intake, 224 cam, bolt ons and a 6 speed. 40+rwhp gain with a 10-15 rwtq gain under the curve with no loss. So my question is why do the 2 accounts I can find of this intake on a mild LS1 go against everything being said about it?

Quick Reply: Conflicting info on Edelbrocks Pro Flo Intake, am I missing something?