Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motor mount issue help!!

Old 05-18-2012, 07:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor mount issue help!!

so today i removed my PC headers and y pipe and full a\c system. removed the stock motor mounts and put in polys and installed. i got the passenger side fully installed no problem. no when i did the driver side i got everything in except where the stand bolts to the frame. i cant get the bolts to line up correctly. i was working alone so it was a real PITA!!! my guess is i need a second pair of hands with a prybar to get the mount shifted a little bit so the holes line up better. has anyone else had this issue. i keep trying to find people who have posted threads on this and nothing really. any input would be great!!
Old 05-18-2012, 09:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure if you tightened everything on the pass side mount/stand.
If you did tighten those, can you untighten them a bit, then see if the driver's side can be manipulated to the correct position, then retighten both pass & driver's?
You're right...I just finished reinstalling an engine, and wouldn't have been able to align everything without my brother's help. You know...an extra pair of eyes/hands.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How about trying to jack the motor up a little bit to align the bolt? Just throwing out ideas here
Old 05-18-2012, 09:46 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by gMAG
Not sure if you tightened everything on the pass side mount/stand.
If you did tighten those, can you untighten them a bit, then see if the driver's side can be manipulated to the correct position, then retighten both pass & driver's?
You're right...I just finished reinstalling an engine, and wouldn't have been able to align everything without my brother's help. You know...an extra pair of eyes/hands.
yes i have to loosen the passenger side and then wiggle the motor around a little bit until i can get the driver side to line up correctly. hopefully someone will be able to help me, it would make things much easier!!
Old 05-18-2012, 09:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by raysadude
How about trying to jack the motor up a little bit to align the bolt? Just throwing out ideas here
yeah i was doing this earlier, but it wasnt moving too much since i had tightened the passenger side all the way. my fault for trying to rush and get it done fast, now its going to take me more time since i fought with it for like an hour and now i have to go back and loosen the passenger side
Old 05-19-2012, 03:25 PM
TECH Resident

well finally got them all done. i messed up the threads on the k member last night do to me not having the motor high enough so i tried to forece the bolts in and messed everything up. re tapped the threads and cleaned up the bolts and loosed the pass side mounts and took the 18mm thru bolts out of both sides that connected the clamshells and pedestals and life was much much better. TSP 1 7\8s headers and cutom true duals will be started in the morning.

Search this Thread