Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Next : Tubular front suspension or Cam?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 05:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Next : Tubular front suspension or Cam?!?!

Whats up guys. Really been ordering alot of parts for my car lately, trying to get it where I want it. Car is a '99 Trans Am, a4. This is my daily driver, and my primary focus is building it for autox duty. I love having fun on the street and at the strip though. Always have, always will. Im kind of torn between what to buy next. Listed below are the mods I currently have :

TSP 1 3/4 headers
TSP catted Y
SLP LM1
LS6 intake
Shraner P/P TB
!air
!egr
Car will be tuned by Finish Line Performance

Koni 4/4 shocks
Strano springs
UMI dbj adj LCA's with relo brackets
UMI SFC's
Will be ordering UMI adj torque arm with relo kit next, as well as a Fays2 watts link
Also plan on ordering a Yank ss3600 stall

Like I said, I am torn between my next mod. I am debating between the following.

Finish up the suspension. UMI road race k member, UMI boxed adjustable lower A arms, adjustable upper A arms.

OR

Go with a cam. I've been looking at the cam kits from TSP. Most likely will end up going with a 228r.

Basically, I want decent fuel milage as the car is my daily driver. Doing the front suspension should net me a loss of around 30 lbs, as well as further improve my handling. Or I could get the cam and would be hoping for around 370+ whp, possibly low 12s high 11s at the strip.

A big factor playing into my decision is I don't have the funds for a rearend right now, and I probably wont for quite some time. I think the stock rear would be fine with 380whp or so, seeing as how I am an a4 car and it wont see the strip but maybe 5 tims a year.

What do you guys think?
Old 05-22-2012, 01:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Imo, I don't know how well the 3600 stall will do with auto-X...IMO, I'd get Sams Strano's opinion, you'll probably want a smaller stall with Auto-X.

I'd finish up the suspension first, and do a battery relocation kit plus that'll give you more time to find out really what size stall you want to use with your car set-up for handling.

Last edited by 99Bluz28; 05-22-2012 at 01:49 PM.