Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo hand held, which selectione restores stock tune?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 01:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diablo hand held, which selectione restores stock tune?

2002 z28

Had a diablo hand held to modify the factory tune. Had a friend simply change some shift points and timing etc... I have a new combo and my tuner is going to flash my computer so I was going to return the tune in my car to stock so that they may flash the computer. When I select tunes, there is: Performance tune (the one I modified), factory hp tune (idk), and original back up. I assume OG back up is the stock tune that the diablo saved as a back up when I first plugged it in? It says that it will reset the hand held when I load up the OG back up tune, so I wanted to be sure if that is the one I am looking for. Thank you!
Old 05-24-2012, 09:15 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah you want the original backup. It should be what was saved before the tuning changes were made. I use a diablo for my truck and I've had to put the original tune back in before going to the dealer for stuff.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02'Andy
Yeah you want the original backup. It should be what was saved before the tuning changes were made. I use a diablo for my truck and I've had to put the original tune back in before going to the dealer for stuff.

That came up. I did the OG back up and it did not work.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:08 PM
11 Second Club

Not sure what to tell you for that one, haven't had that error before. Have you tried posting it on Diablosport's forums or PMing the Diablosport guys on here (I think there's still a rep on here somewhere)?
Old 05-28-2012, 09:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02'Andy
Not sure what to tell you for that one, haven't had that error before. Have you tried posting it on Diablosport's forums or PMing the Diablosport guys on here (I think there's still a rep on here somewhere)?
Yeah, I just posted on there forums! Time to wait and see.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Battery charge was low. Charged her up and the tune was loaded to stock no issues.