Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5Z Intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 01:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C5Z Intake

Im sure this has been debated before not sure if this particular intake still has or not. I know Vararam is one of the best if not the best but heard its a PITA to install and pulling filters out. Im looking for ease of installation and some more power, nothing crazy. There is this particular style what do you guys think, i just bought my car so im not an expert of what works and doesnt with my car. I appreciate any advice.
Attached Thumbnails C5Z Intake-intake.jpg  
Old 05-30-2012, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

halltech is another good one, that one looks cool though
Old 05-31-2012, 01:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have that one in polished aluminum. Flows great. I have a carbon fiber airbridge and smooth coupler. With a cam and headers, I made 400hp at the rear wheels. My injectors are to small so I'm "detuned " to 400rwhp for now. But air into the motor was never an issue. So Im keeping mine.
Attached Thumbnails C5Z Intake-photo-22.jpg   C5Z Intake-photo-32.jpg  
Old 05-31-2012, 06:53 AM
TECH Resident

I had a Vararam, it was garbage from a construction/materials point of view. I could never keep that thing sealed up, so I yanked it and installed a blackwing. As far as the NON-ram air intakes go, there probably is not going to be a huge difference among them.