Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I went from LM1 to TSP Bullets......

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 06:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default So I went from LM1 to TSP Bullets......

So I decided I wanted a nicer exhaust..

After ordering a new X-pipe from summit and switching out tsp shitty design merge I took to the the exhaust shop... Well lets just say Its a tad bit quieter but for the most part and I cant tell a difference sound wise. Performance wise My car feels slower. Quite honestly Im disappointed. I have a few leaks after the install so im getting that fixed today. I will update later today. BUT. I might be takin off this set up and switchin it with a Y pipe again. throttle response feels slower. Would I need a new tune just from going from a y to a true duals
Old 06-12-2012, 08:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you go from mandrel bent to crush bent exhaust or anything? I can't see any reason (other than the exhaust leaks) your car would feel slower. Maybe it's a mental thing *shrug*
Old 06-12-2012, 09:30 AM
11 Second Club

The summit x pipe i ordered for my old car was madrel bent. I dont see the problem either, maybe post pics of the exhaust set up?
Old 06-12-2012, 10:35 AM
BashamWS6 Troll Account

Well, I know I feel slower now that I am just running 1 7/8 Kooks with Kooks ORY. I took off my exhaust off for some refitting purposes and god it sounds horrible... makes me second guess a cut out...
Old 06-12-2012, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I went under the car and found like 3 leaks.. had them patched up. def tightens up the sound. as far as it being slower it might be a mental thing. I know my car sputtered while pullin out of a parkin lot, so It might need to be retuned
Old 06-12-2012, 11:08 AM
BashamWS6 Troll Account

i need a tune but i need an excuse to drive in indy... thats the closest unless i wanna do i mustang dyno (gay)