Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what ebay header seller did you buy from?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 08:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default what ebay header seller did you buy from?

Yes i know theres a million ebay header threads...., but I'm looking for witch ebay seller did you buy them from and what y pipe did you use them wit? also how fitment was with the seller you bought from.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

speed daddy stainless LT's. They fit right on! All it took was unbolting the stock manifolds and then the headers just slid right in and bolted right up. With the help of some friends it was pretty simple. The only problem I ran into with mine was that I had the egr and air system valves and had to make, some blockoff plates. Other than that I would highly recomend them as they were pretty cheap and are holding up just fine!
Old 06-13-2012, 08:50 PM
TECH Resident

Do it wrong..do it long... TexasSpeed is selling quality SS 1 3/4 and 1 7/8ths Longtubes for far less than some of the other major mfrs...its worth a look before pulling the trigger on brand x...

Last edited by 03Sssnake; 06-13-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Im going ebay all the way lol, most people who have got them love them
Old 06-14-2012, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

*edit* Apparently I can't read, y-pipe question was in the very first post. :/ *

Last edited by MrBluGruv; 06-14-2012 at 03:01 PM. Reason: I didn't read.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trans_am_2000
Im going ebay all the way lol, most people who have got them love them
Just FYI, all eBay headers are the same, DNA Motoring...just pick your price. I've been very satisfied with mine. My stainless true duals are eBay also...brand is Phabbing.
Fitment for the headers, as you've read, are terrific. If I had it to do all over again, I would have cut all the AIR and EGR fittings off and had the holes welded up. Also, from reading, I believe the latest batch has the O2 bung on the outside of the header, rather than where they should be.

You may want to consider TSP, considering the now extra work just to get them perfect, prior to install.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I would like to know also.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:30 PM
Launching!

forgive my ignorance, how are the ebay headers 1/2 the price of the name brand headers? the write ups for the ebay headers read like any other chinese write up. is that the deal? a chinese knock off of an american piece? I can't find a y pipe on ebay though. Or a dual exhaust kit. I have the skill and time to fab my own over the axle dual exhaust. But I don't see any links on ebay for the pipes. Sorry to thread hijack, but it seems to be on topic to me. Thanks all.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by reinhardt02
forgive my ignorance, how are the ebay headers 1/2 the price of the name brand headers? the write ups for the ebay headers read like any other chinese write up. is that the deal? a chinese knock off of an american piece? I can't find a y pipe on ebay though. Or a dual exhaust kit. I have the skill and time to fab my own over the axle dual exhaust. But I don't see any links on ebay for the pipes. Sorry to thread hijack, but it seems to be on topic to me. Thanks all.
Ebay headers are for people with tight budgets like me, so when they are a 1/2 the price less for a name brand like KOOKs or Pacesetter, you are usually paying for headers that arn't coated, or may have fitment issues. Rather the bigger name brands which you can buy coated and usually have no fitment issues vs stainless ebays. I did reviews of ebay headers and found that some people have problems and others don't. I went ahead and took the chance and made the purchase and everything turned out better than I had expected.

As for your ory pipe, you should be able to find a set of headers that include the ory... or you can just have an exhaust shop that knows what they are doing build you one.

Hope that helps a little!
Old 06-17-2012, 01:44 AM
On The Tree

I got nothing agaisnt ebay headers all I'm gona say is tha I bought some ebay headers to save me some money and personally there were shitty the fitment was horrible I had to do major adjustments on my frame cus it was hitting either way I installed it since my headers were hittting the frame the whole car would vibrate so to save me a couple bucks look what happened si I ordered some texas speed headers and love them way much better I paid a little more but wrth it I guess their is a sayim u pay what u get for
Old 06-18-2012, 05:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

my ebay headers fit like CRAP, you definitely get what you pay for, in my case (****)....like stated above other guys have had better luck with them im not saying they are all crap, its just my experience with them..i dont remember the seller i got them from, ill have to look it up, i do remember i paid $175 for them,(worse money ever spent)....they hit every where from the K-member to the A-arms, and leak like crazy....i can upload some pics if you guys want....at this point im gonna pull the trigger on a set of TSP 1 7/8 and hope to have better luck this time.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

For the guys who's fit like crap, did you do new motor mounts as well? Maybe that could be the problem. But mine fit awesome! I bought mine from Pal-Performance
Old 06-18-2012, 08:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

I see some ad's say direct fit for 01-02 and 98-200 need modification to the egr???
Old 06-19-2012, 12:40 PM

Installed mine last saturday. They fit perfect with the stainless tsp ory. cut the egr off and tigged over. I used my factory gaskets because they were still in good shape along with my stock header bolts. I also used stainless pre formed band clamps. my motor mounts were fine but I bought them anyway just incase. Install total took about 3hrs with a beer and pizza break. So far no rubbing at all. I can't remember what seller i bought them from but they were $185 shipped to my door. Ive installed much more expensive headers before and they didn't fit nearly as well as these did.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:54 AM
TECH Resident

I used Speed Daddy as well. When I was researching the headers that name popped up in the ebay header success stories more than any other.

As far as y-pipe, I used a TSP ORY and it took a bit of massaging to get it to work. It was still not even a 1/3 of what other vendors charge for stainless headers.

BTW, a lot of the big name headers are made in China. So saying it's cheap quality because it's made in China is a silly way to justify the $500 extra you just spent on mainstream headers. A good full exhaust with cat'd y-pipe can be had for under $500. Cheaper if you sell your stock cats or go with an ORY.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

How thick are the flanges on the speed daddy ebay headers?
Thanks,
Kory
Old 07-31-2012, 11:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm pretty sure all the ebay sellers are selling the same copies. I returned a set of headers because the inlets of the primaries were not 1 3/4's more like 1 5/8's. I purchased from another seller and same exact thing; this was after verifying through email the size being 1 3/4's the second time.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy BBK headers on Ebay or the WS6 store.. best budget header setup by far... fit amazing... i did fleabay headers on my LT1... i spend over $500 after 3 different performance shops jacked with them and ended up with a torched K member and a banged up floor pan... Ruined the value of the car to me..
Old 08-28-2012, 11:29 AM
On The Tree

can you buy ebay headers with out the air and egr.

Quick Reply: what ebay header seller did you buy from?