Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slp or hooker lt headers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slp or hooker lt headers?

i am still deciding what headers i should i get for my camaro 2002 ss slp stock between hooker or the slp ? anyone knows which one is better and louder ?
Old 07-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you do not want SLP they hang too low and drag the ground, if you are wanting cheaper I have had no problems with Pacesetter on the high end the Kooks are great.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

With the SLP's you lose ground clearance and they are supposedly not very great quality. Pacesetters are very reasonably priced but I've definitely heard of some people having quality issues with rust and fitment with those as well. If you want a really nice set of headers, look at some that are high quality stainless steel such as Kooks, American Racing, LPP, etc., etc.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:57 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headers

I have Hooker ceramic coated LTs and havent had one issue with them yet. 15k miles and 3 years on them now. They look better than the Pacesetters in my opinion but not as nice as the stainless brands. but alot cheaper.