Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thread pitch to remove ASP pulley

Old 06-15-2012, 07:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Thread pitch to remove ASP pulley

My ASP pulley started shaking itself to death after about 80K. The rubber bushing between the hub and outer pulley must be worn because it kicked off the serp belt and the outer pulley vibrates(hub is still snug on the crank snout). Does anyone know the thread pitch and diamater of the holes in the outer pulley used to pull it off. I tried a bunch of different bolts out of my collection, but none were an exact fit(thread pitch slightly off/diamater very close). thanks
Old 06-15-2012, 08:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After digging through all my pullers again I stumbled across one I had bought a few years ago from Harbor Freight. It's made specifically for pulleys with serpentine belts. There are two jaws that are machined to match the ribs of the pulley where the serpentine belt goes. The jaws of the puller lock into the jaws of the pulley. It's a perfect match. The pulley was so afraid of this Harbor Freight tool it jumped off before I could install the tool. Who says Harbor Freight doesn't make good tools? That made at least one and I have it. Unfortunately I don't think they sell it anymore. Don't forget Sears and K Mart have big discounts on tools on Sunday only(Fathers Day). Time to buy that tool you couldn't afford before this sale.

Search this Thread