Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DMH Low-Profile Cutouts install

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 12:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default DMH Low-Profile Cutouts install

I bought my 02 Trans Am with a single manual cutout and loved it, so I just ordered my set of DMH low-profile cutouts for my C5 and I was wondering where I should weld them up at. I haven't been under my car recently to check exactly where I'm wanting to do this at but I have always originally thought of putting them up around a foot or two back from the headers. Has anyone heard cutouts right after the header vs after the X pipe merge and does it sound terrible with basically open headers? I have LT's, X, and a B&B bullet exhaust and I guess I'm a fan of it being loud and obnoxious when opened up since I can quiet it through the full exhaust as well when needed but I just don't want it to sound terrible when opened up. I know how loud cammed cutouts can be since like I said before I had a single cutout in the I-pipe of my TA

I ordered a TSP 233/239 112 lsa cam package a little over a month ago and this will all be one big install. Any input is appreciated, thanks!

Quick Reply: DMH Low-Profile Cutouts install