Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lt headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 09:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lt headers

i've been considering some headers for my 98 ss and im kinda of stuck on what brand to get. I was thinking FLP's or SLP's because i wanna run with cats but i've heard slp's suck. I was also wondering about hookers and kook's. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me which header gets the most power and which header is just the overall best. But so far im leaning towards FLP's
Old 04-01-2004, 09:18 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently installed FLP's on my 01 Z28. Install was fairly easy, didn't have to clearance anything for fit. I went from 322rwhp/333rwtq to 338rwhp/345rwtq with the FLP's using their high-flow cats. I have been told on several occasions that because the 01-02 cars have better flowing manifolds than the earlier years, that the gains are usually not quiet as high as it would be, say on a 98 car. The headers do pass fairly close to the oil drain bolt and oil filter, which caused me to have to pry slightly on them to get the drain bolt all the way out, but it wasn't a big deal..maybe added a minute or so to the oil change time. In a perfect world, all the brands of headers would fit and clearance perfectly, but that just isn't the case. I think you will find on here that the Kook's and QTP's are getting the highest raves these days. Hope this helps you out some.