Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! Newbie with Erratic Compression issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Newbie with Erratic Compression issue

Hey all,

I have an 04 CTS-V I was leaving work Tuesday and halfway I throw a check engine light I pulled over and scanned it and I can't remember the code but it was for a multiple Cylinder Misfire. I took it to the dealer where I was told that I had a compression issue on Cyl.2 They said they checked plug, coil, and injector for that cylinder and they were all fine it was a definite mechanical issue. they said the spring wasn't broken and it might be a pushrod or lifter issue. but they want $800+ dollars to pull the head and let me know what they found. i declined and when I picked up the car spoke with the tech, he told me it was weird because sometime cal.2 would build pressure sometime it wouldn't, I am working on it now and have checked the pushrods and there not bent, the only thing I can think to do now is pull the head and check the lifters and valve on that cylinder.

Anyone else have ideas on what else to check or what it could be. sorry for the length of this.

Thanks