Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

high volumen master clutch cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 01:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation high volumen master clutch cylinder

Hi,

does anybody know a high volumen master clutch cylinder instead of the stock plastic one.

I ordered the tikt performance one that should be much better because it flows more liquid but the volumen is less than with the stock one. So my clutch releases later then before and before it released very late with my clutch kit.

The left cylinder on the pict is the tiktperformance one that is made very strong but with less capacity and the right one is the stock plastic one.

I search for one that fits or fits with little modifications in my C5.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1175772...75033294676242

Old 07-15-2012, 08:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Have you doen the drill mod on the line? When I was a 6spd I had problems shifting at high rpms, untill i did it. If you haven't doen this yet you need to before you spend more money.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:37 AM
Staging Lane

I have no shifting problem i need amaster cylinder with more capacity then the stock one to get the clutch releese point earlier on the pedal!
Old 07-16-2012, 07:18 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The tick unit is adjustable...adjust it.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:55 AM
Launching!

Ram makes a adjustable one. But so is the tick
Old 07-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Staging Lane

@ bww3588

Did you read my thread? I still have the Tikt but it has less capacity then the stock one! So i can`t adjust anything because the clutch releases when the pedal is out and not before.

I need one that has more volumen that the clutch releases earlier!

@Brennen's01SS
the RAM one looks same size than the stock one but is it also plastic and has it other connectors?
When it hase the same volumen then the stock one it will clutch at the same point and you can`t change the clutch point only the pedal.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:37 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i bought a tick performance master about 6 moths ago. i will never use anything else. its expensive but WELL worth it.

tick pushes SO much fluid
my clutch releases earlier and the throw of complete action is shorter because of the volume of fluid it pushes

Who did your install with your TICK? If your having problems contact tick and explain it. theres a small chance you may have gotten a bad one. theyll replace it for FREE.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:23 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hotparts
@ bww3588

Did you read my thread? I still have the Tikt but it has less capacity then the stock one! So i can`t adjust anything because the clutch releases when the pedal is out and not before.

I need one that has more volumen that the clutch releases earlier!

@Brennen's01SS
the RAM one looks same size than the stock one but is it also plastic and has it other connectors?
When it hase the same volumen then the stock one it will clutch at the same point and you can`t change the clutch point only the pedal.
Fluid capacity has nothing to do with the relese point of the clutch. you need to adjust the linkage rod to get the engage/disengage point where you want it.

either that or you have something else going on.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont think there is a master cylinder made with a higher volume then a tick if you are having problems you need to adjust it or look elsewhere for your problem
Old 07-16-2012, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

PM sponsor TDP on here. When i spoke with him a while back he was working on a design for a high volume master cylinder. I don't know if he is manufacturing them yet but its worth a shot to ask him. nice guy too
Old 07-23-2012, 09:31 AM
TECH Regular

As stated earlier volume has nothing to do with the release point for the tick m/c.

Adjust the linkage to get your release point lower. When i first installed mine it released just off the floor which was too low for my liking. So i adjusted the rod a little and now its perfect for me.
If you have questions call tick.

Tony