Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed Jet-Hot long tubes.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 03:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Just installed Jet-Hot long tubes.

Just finished the install. Wasn't bad. Now i have this horrible banging on the floor boards when under heavy acceleration. Is this normal? I had a little less than a 1/2" of clearence between the y-pipe and the floor board. Also the y-pipe hangs a little low. What can i do to fix this little mess or is this what you have deal w/ when you have long tubes. Any in put will be nice. Thanks
Old 04-04-2004, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Some guys use header wrap on the y pipe and then put a rubber bushing between the floorboard and header. Also you might want to see if the k member is rubbing on the header.
Old 04-04-2004, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Poly motor mounts. You should have done that during the install but hindsite is 20/20

I have this setup with no banging but like you I only had 1/2 clear in lots of places.
I did 1 drivers side motor mount at the same time as headers. I knew the engine torqued alot cause of problems I had getting drive shaft loop/exhaust not to bang.

There is an install writeup on my web site if you decide to bite the bullit. This will fix your problem.

I got my mounts from Thunder ----->>>
Old 04-04-2004, 07:53 PM
TECH Resident

Torque Strap......I wouldn't run with out one.