Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Powerflo Catback or Powerflow/LM1 Conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 07:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Powerflo Catback or Powerflow/LM1 Conversion?

So I just bought a 02 SS with every SLP option except CME. The car is all stock except for a LM1 catback. I hate it. Normally I would have no problem going out and buying a quality catback for it, but I prefer something SLP since the car is so original with low mileage and has all the SLP documentation. So is the LM1 to powerflo conversion worth it, should I scrap the LM1 all together and buy a Powerflo catback, or should i just say screw it and buy a non slp exhaust? Thanks
Old 08-05-2012, 08:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Swap the muffler out for the LM2 muffler. I bought my car with a LM2 catback, and it sounded great. So great, I bought another LM2 muffler to make a true dual setup with them..

The PowerFlo with an LM1, however, would sound great, but an LM2 will get you what you want cheaper
Old 08-05-2012, 08:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HoLLo
Swap the muffler out for the LM2 muffler. I bought my car with a LM2 catback, and it sounded great. So great, I bought another LM2 muffler to make a true dual setup with them..

The PowerFlo with an LM1, however, would sound great, but an LM2 will get you what you want cheaper
I will look into the LM2, does it drone in the car at all? The lm1 drone is horrible, espc at 2k (highway sucks )
Old 08-05-2012, 09:02 PM
TECH Junkie

I can't really remember how the catback sounded, I always had the cutout open. But the duals are amazing, no drone, and a nice smooth tone throughout the RPMs.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why not do a true dual slp powerflo? Im hoping to have the funds soon to run something like this. I just have to look for a used bassani true dual.

Quick Reply: SLP Powerflo Catback or Powerflow/LM1 Conversion?