Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using an electric cutout to a different muffler?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 07:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using an electric cutout to a different muffler?

im currently running a magnaflow catback and its pretty quiet so i was thinking about adding an electric cutout and mounting another (louder) muffler on after the cutout...... the reason is to change to a better sound plus it will be alot louder too.... oh and i already have dual cutouts right after my longtubes for the track

so my question is what do yall think and have you ever done this or known anybody that has done this?? its just a thought i had the past couple of days
THANKS
Old 08-09-2012, 07:29 PM
11 Second Club

I would just run the cut-out wide open. I guess you could add a bullet or something, but space will be tight.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:44 PM
11 Second Club

Well my thoughts were to add a cutouts right after the axle and run the louder muffler kinda in tge stock location but more towards the bumper with a dump but make it hidden
Old 08-09-2012, 11:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Cutouts can be run to other mufflers , or at least a length of pipe for better sound quality. I had one years ago that turned single to dual exhaust. My current cable operated valve has a little pipe length & megaphone shaped outlet for improved sound quality.
If you can have it all, why not?
Old 08-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Teching In

You don't like the sound of the cutouts when they are just cracked? I just adjust my cutout to how loud I want the car. What you're thinking about doing has honestly never crossed my mind.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:04 PM
12 Second Club

I used to have a bullet welded to the y pipe then a cutout then the magnaflow catback. With it closed it was very toned down but with it open it was nice and loud but not annoying like it was with out the bullet. I have a vid of it closed and open on you tube. Same user name as here...
Old 08-11-2012, 05:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Aggie_Ls1
You don't like the sound of the cutouts when they are just cracked? I just adjust my cutout to how loud I want the car. What you're thinking about doing has honestly never crossed my mind.
well my cutouts are manual cutouts that i have on the car...... also after getting up under the car yesterday ive noticed that i do not really have enough room to put another muffler so im gona just deal with the quiet magnaflow at idle... it sounds good at WOT though

thanks for yalls replies

Quick Reply: Using an electric cutout to a different muffler?