Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gauge cluster is "lagging" ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 10:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge cluster is "lagging" ?

I know this likely isnt the right section to post but i wasnt sure where else to post it...

My '00 SS gauges stick after a while...

i can go out any time after the car has sat for a while and the gauge cluster is perfect. after a while (no certain time) the gauges start basically "lagging"...

its annoying, every gauge does it, its like a horrible internet conenction. ill be doing 60 and itll read 40 and then just jump up to 60 eventually.. same with the RPM, oil pressure... when i smack the dash itll jump the gauges into what their current readings SHOULD be..

anyways.. its annoying.. if anyone knows how to fix it or if youve had the same problem id appreciate any help.. if for some reason my explaination doesnt make sense id be happy to make a video next time it happens...

thanks
Old 08-11-2012, 09:41 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My speedometer does this as well and it usually is more likely to happen if the car has sat for a decent amount of time. I've heard that the motors GM used for the needles are bad but I have no further evidence other than a guy at AutoZone telling me this.