Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fan kill switch?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 11:29 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fan kill switch?

So it would appear that after my header install the tuner tuned my rad fans to come on at and earlier temp. They are turning on around 190ish (going by crappy dash gauge). Now my fan are running all the time once my car warms up (never did it before install) I have a SLP manual fan switch but has anyone put in a fan kill switch? Last week I pulled into a car show and had to drive across some dirt, with the fans running I blew a ton of dust all over my detailed engine bay. Also when I go to the track and do a run with the car warmed up I want to be able to kill the fans for the pass to not draw so much amperage. Guessing it would be a matter of finding the fan wires and putting a switch in? Prob a light when the fans are turned off so I dont forget. Only other option I see is to get another tune to put the fans back to the normal temp range, turn on at 225 or something I believe. Any other thoughts?

Quick Reply: Fan kill switch?