Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 conversion questions on 96 z28

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 conversion questions on 96 z28

Due to what I believe was a leaking fuel injector, I snapped a rod and put it through the side of my 96 LT1 on startup. In replacing the motor I decided to upgrade and buy a 2000 LS1 motor matching T56 tranny. I wanted to keep my body because I like the way it looks, it only has 66,000 miles on it and we already have a 2002 z28 (auto tho). Right now everything is stock but I do want to do LTs, y pipe and cat back in the near future once the car is running (crossing my fingers that it will). Most likely TSP headers and Y-Pipe (not sure if I want a catless/catted) with a Magnaflow catback. Does anyone know if I will have any clearance or fitment issues because of the older body?

Also I’m looking to get to 375ish rwhp. What boltons, if possible, would get me there the fastest and does anyone know of any places I can get my car dyno tuned near NYC?

And btw sorry for the long post just trying to give as much info as possible
Old 08-23-2012, 12:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably get a little more feedback in the conversions section. I'm pretty sure if searched in that section it will show you what people ran into with there builds.