Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steel valve cover flanges for fabricated covers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 03:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steel valve cover flanges for fabricated covers?

I'm looking for a pair of steel valve cover flanges to build my own valve covers. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm open to working from CAD files if I need to.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:15 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not steel, but maybe this what you are looking for?
http://www.texas-speed.com/p-884-umi...r-spacers.aspx
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 08-30-2012, 03:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jake@Texas-Speed
Not steel, but maybe this what you are looking for?
http://www.texas-speed.com/p-884-umi...r-spacers.aspx
I'm wanting to build a set of "Chevrolet" script steel covers and relocate the coils when I do an LS2 swap in my '66 C10. I already have the old steel covers to graft onto LS flanges; that's why the flanges need to be steel.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Even if you find a set of steel flanges, I don't think those covers will ever be wide enough. You might get them to work, but I suspect it might end up looking bad because of the difference in width.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1MCSS
Even if you find a set of steel flanges, I don't think those covers will ever be wide enough. You might get them to work, but I suspect it might end up looking bad because of the difference in width.
I do metal fabrication- rust repair, english wheel work, restorations, etc. I can make it fit and look right. If they need to be widened it's no problem to weld a couple strips in the sides to keep the script centered. I'll likely be making the whole cover except for the raised strip/ script anyhow.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you're going to relocate the coils, Inglese makes an adapter plate (looks similar to post #1) that allows you to bolt on any Gen I valve cover.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:27 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We dont carry them, but I want to say that I have seen some sets that are pre-made that already look exactly like what you are going for here on the board. So hopefully someone who knows will chime in.
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 08-31-2012, 04:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by theastronaut
I do metal fabrication- rust repair, english wheel work, restorations, etc. I can make it fit and look right. If they need to be widened it's no problem to weld a couple strips in the sides to keep the script centered. I'll likely be making the whole cover except for the raised strip/ script anyhow.
If you know someone with a cnc mill, you may have to get an aluminum flange and have them copy it in steel. If you can do english wheel work, you can make them fit.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:45 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be pretty easy to just draw them out and have them cut out with a water jet . Then all you would have to do is drill and tap the holes. You could use counter sunk allen screws to hold the adapters on to the heads. If you need some help I am in Statesville.
Gary

Quick Reply: Steel valve cover flanges for fabricated covers?