Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

longtubes and exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default longtubes and exhaust

Hey guys im looking to add longtubes and exhaust to my 2000 camaro ss (stock). i was looking to see what set ups that people seem to get a nice sound out of and still put some horsepower down. ive been looking at long tubes like 1 7/8 american racing headers, but what ory do you guys run? any opinions on a slp exhaust ? and will it throw a code for emissions ? and high flow cats ? any seem to work?
Old 09-10-2012, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO Kooks has some of the best headers. They also have packages with y pipe and high flow cats if you choose.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ARH are nice, Kooks are nice and TSP's stainless headers are about the best bang for your buck and great quality.

With an ORY it will be loud mated to most exhaust setups. The SLP dual dual is the only one I would choose but I don't think you can buy that one anymore. The LM1 and LM2 are both stupid loud.

A catted Y will help quiet it down if you choose to go that route. Plus, it won't stink as bad.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

What is your budget and goals for the car?
Old 09-11-2012, 12:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TImmy_Jones
What is your budget and goals for the car?
my budget is around 1200 -1400 for the both of them, im looking for a good set of headers and exhaust, its and original ss car andi dont want to hurt the value too bad, ive seen some guys do some major motor work and loose their *** end, im just looking to gain some hp for the street and keep the value of the car.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can get TSP 1-7/8 SS headers with their true dual system for right at 1K plus shipping. I had originally went with an ORY and the rumber catback but the rasp irritated me after a couple months so I made the swap over to the true duals and love the duals so much more.

Here is a vid of the ORY with the rumbler catback:

http://youtu.be/HCb-fI8mjwQ

And here is the true duals:

http://youtu.be/DymrhZ8vHHc

There really isn't a comparison to me. The ORY will have a bunch of rasp when you get in the 2K or so RPM range.

Last edited by Decadence75; 09-11-2012 at 01:53 AM.

Quick Reply: longtubes and exhaust