Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Muffler swap question!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Muffler swap question!

I posted about this in the wrong section yesterday, so I apologize if you've already read it. I just wanted to see if I could get more feedback by posting in the correct one. I have a 99 T/A with an SLP Loudmouth 2 system. I want to swap out the SLP bullet muffler for something else. Currently I plan on using a Magnaflow part# 11219. Just wondering if anyone has done something like this and could tell me about their experience: what muffler you used, did it fit OK, how did it sound, etc.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cant speak on the fitment issues because I have never done that but I have had a Magnaflow catback before. I liked the sound, very quiet compared to my lm2's but it was very liveable and had a great tone.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2000PewterT/A
I cant speak on the fitment issues because I have never done that but I have had a Magnaflow catback before. I liked the sound, very quiet compared to my lm2's but it was very liveable and had a great tone.
Good to know. The Magnaflow muffler I'm looking at is a 4x9 oval center/center with 3" inlet/outlet. It's 20" long from tip to tip. The LM2 bullet is 18" from tip to tip with a 4" diameter, so it shouldn't be too difficult to change out I hope.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

So there is definitely a reason that SLP put a bullet style muffler where it did: it's the only thing that will fit. Had my car on the lift today to swap out the bullet for the magnaflow, and there's no way it will fit! Should have done my homework better!

Quick Reply: Muffler swap question!