Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got all my ducks in a row - help me re-check my list

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 03:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got all my ducks in a row - help me re-check my list

Fellas,

After going back and forth between several heads, i end up with brand new TFS 215, i've had them milled to 61cc by taking off .018"

Now for the fun part, i'm going to swap my PRC ls6 heads next weekend and want to have you guys look at the list of parts i have and comment if i'm missing anything. The challenge is i need to finish my install in one weekend otherwise i'm gonna be car less for a week and my wife wouldn't like it...

Here ya go:

*TFS 215 milled to 61cc

*Re use my Yella Terra 1.7 - don't see any reason why should i change rocker arms

*ARP head bolts - i know i wish i could do studs but time for installation is a big concern here. they come with moly lube but i'd like to get more lube just to be safe, anyone know where to get them?

*comp push rod length checker

* 3 sets of push rods : 7.450", 7.475", 7.5" - like i said i have to finish the car in one weekend - i'm pretty sure the measured push rods length would fall in one of those that i have now

*Cometic Head gasket 4.030" bore(i have LQ9 block) .040" thickness

now for the pics of parts wait to be installed:

Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated

Have a nice weekend!

Ray
Old 09-16-2012, 01:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

should i get a new set of roller rockers to replace my old yella terra?

i'd rather save the money towards something else, but if rocker arms are wear and tear items then i'd get a new set and be done with it for a while.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If the rockers seem ok, I wouldn't replace them.
My thought is that they're so easily accessable, you can replace them anytime, later.
Quack, Quack!!
Old 09-16-2012, 12:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that's what i had in mind, but i'm having a second thought now since i actually have the fund to buy a new set and i can mock them up first and measure the wipe pattern before installing the heads, thus save me sometime ie:dont have to measure wipe pattern no more when installing the rocker in the new heads.

decision decision..

Quick Reply: Got all my ducks in a row - help me re-check my list