Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My review of TSP LTs and ory...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 10:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My review of TSP LTs and ory...

Let me first say, I got the LTs used. Both the headers and off road y look fabulous and appear to be very well constructed. As with all installs, there are differences among all cars. For the headers the driver side was a PITA. I had to remove the steering shaft, the oil filter and the motor mount stand. I think if I didn't have stock mounts at the time, I wouldn't have had to do that. The passenger side was a breeze in comparison. The ory can five some fits, but if you look how it should go together, BEFORE you are laying on your back tryi g to fit it in place it will be a lot easier. I had a clearance issue about 6" behind the driver side collector. I used a bfh to gain some clearance, not bad really just 1/4"-1/2" was all I needed. The y tucks under my car so well, you can barely see it walking up from the side. My car is stock height. My only real complaint was the exit of the y is 2.5". Most all aftermarket cat backs are 3" and if you are going to have a 3" y, why neck it down there. Other than that the merge looks awesome and I have no rasp now. Car sound quieter witbout cats than it did witb the SLP cats, until you bit it.

So overall I give them a B+. The y pipe at 2.5" outlet is a big neg for me, if it were 3", I would give it an A+.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I just installed TSP 1 7/8 headers this weekend and both sides went in without removing anything.The catted y pipe had to have 1 1/4" trimmed off the small bent pipe on the drivers side to allow the whole package to slide far enough forward to clear my ds loop.Overall great product.

Quick Reply: My review of TSP LTs and ory...