Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

78 to 85mm maf issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 06:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 78 to 85mm maf issue

back story: my stock air tube fell off of air box and the maf and connector got chewed up by my serpintein system. Ordered a chevy truck 85mm maf, hardcore intake (04 gto) and bought a lsxtune.com 3 to 5 pin adapter. since my connector got chewed up I cut the connectors off and spliced the wires together (in the same order that they would connect with the connector) I am getting a reading on all of the wires and the end of the new connector (checked with a multi meter) however when I plug the connector into the maf my car will not read it. I have looked at it with hp tuners and I am getting a maf reading of .2 lbs/min of air.

I have tried using a diffrent 85mm maf off of a buddies car that does in fact work. I am gettting the same problem.

Does anyone have a clue what this could be? My other option is to run my car speed density but I really do not want to have to do that unless its an absolute last choice.

Thanks.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am by far not an expert on the 3 to 5 pin conversion, but if a known good maf does the same thing, you need to check your wiring. Make sure you got the wires put in in the correct spots. Wiring diagrams are your friend!!

Quick Reply: 78 to 85mm maf issue