Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Cutout

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 09:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Exhaust Cutout

So, I have an electric exhaust cutout that I bought from JEGS, it is JEGS brand (DO NOT BUY), and it is not staying shut and sealing up, the butterfly valve vibrates really bad when it is closed and it annoys the living shxt out of me. I am not in the financial means to just go buy a new electric cutout assembly right now and I have a cutout block off plate.

What I am posting for is asking if there is any sort of cutout block off plate that reduces the restriction from a closed cutout. I was thinking there may be a way to design a cutout block off plate so that it is not just a flat plate. Something like a cone shape with an angle so that it is more of a straight thru flow through the cutout instead of just a flat out restriction.
I may not be making myself very clear but I am trying.

IS THERE ANY WAY TO REDUCE THE RESTRICTION OF A CLOSED CUTOUT?
There we go

Thanks in advance
Old 09-20-2012, 09:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Borla catbacks have this, at least mine does. They come with 4 different plates from fully blocked off to nearly a full opening.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Borla makes 2 catback systems an adjustable one and a non-adjustable. The adjustable one has the "cut-out" system. I have this setup as well. It's a bit pricey, in the $750+ range new, you can get them used for $300+ sometimes.

I've never seen anyone try to lessen the restriction on a closed standalone cutout before.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Cutout