Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can anybody identify this throttle body??

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anybody identify this throttle body??

A few months ago, my brother bought an LS6 intake and ported throttle body off some guy on craigslist. He intended to use it on the 408 he is building but decided to go a different route. Anyways, he sold sold it to a good friend of ours who has a 2000 TA, and has been wanting one. However the throttle body's drive by wire pulley(or what ever the technical term is) is a different size and doesn't keep tension on the throttle cable. I'm thinking it came off of a C5 vette, but not sure. Can anybody confirm or correct my curiosity? And is there anyway to use make this TB useable on his car. Also, I have a 2002 Z28 and the pulley on mine is identical to his.

The First picture is the mystery throttle body, the second is my 2002 LS1 TB with LS6 Intake
Attached Thumbnails Can anybody identify this throttle body??-imag1240.jpg  

Last edited by 2002xREDxZ28; 10-03-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002xREDxZ28
A few months ago, my brother bought an LS6 intake and ported throttle body off some guy on craigslist. He intended to use it on the 408 he is building but decided to go a different route. Anyways, he sold sold it to a good friend of ours who has a 2000 TA, and has been wanting one. However the throttle body's drive by wire pulley(or what ever the technical term is) is a different size and doesn't keep tension on the throttle cable. I'm thinking it came off of a C5 vette, but not sure. Can anybody confirm or correct my curiosity? And is there anyway to use make this TB useable on his car. Also, I have a 2002 Z28 and the pulley on mine is identical to his.

The First picture is the mystery throttle body, the second is my 2002 LS1 TB with LS6 Intake
it can not be from a corvette, they do not use a throttle cable. they are controlled electronically through sensors, it is called drive by wire..
the one you have looks like a stock gm throttle body but if its not from an F body it may be from a truck with LS style engine. there is a way to adjust the throttle cable, do a search for that
Old 10-04-2012, 10:32 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Looks like a truck TB to me

Quick Reply: Can anybody identify this throttle body??