Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EGR and A.I.R delete?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 04:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EGR and A.I.R delete?

Hey guys, I'm looking into buying some 1 7/8 headers from Texas speed. The Texas speed headers don't have the EGR or A.I.R. My camaro is a 00 so it has EGR... What are the pros and cons of a EGR and A.I.R delete?
Old 09-26-2012, 04:43 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are only emissions, pros would be to clean up the engine bay (very small weight reduction), cons would be that you would need to tune them out (tune will be needed with longtubes anyway)...
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 09-26-2012, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know thy make ye plates for the headers, bit do they make anything to block the intake connection??
Old 09-26-2012, 07:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JustAFooL
I know thy make ye plates for the headers, bit do they make anything to block the intake connection??
Most common method I've seen people use is an expandable freeze plug. Two washers with a rubber insert that expands as you tighten the nut. It has a larger washer on top in case it were ever to come loose to keep it from falling in.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice.. do you guys sell the plates for the headers?
Old 09-27-2012, 09:32 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We can get the pacesetter block off plate and gasket... Although since our headers do not have the emissions fittings, you will just need to remove the air tubes, remove the egr pump, and just plug the intake manifold.
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 09-27-2012, 10:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 00zcamarols1
Hey guys, I'm looking into buying some 1 7/8 headers from Texas speed. The Texas speed headers don't have the EGR or A.I.R. My camaro is a 00 so it has EGR... What are the pros and cons of a EGR and A.I.R delete?
One question... what is the Inspection System like in your state? Removing these systems is Illegal in most states. I'm not saying you should not do it.......just want to make sure you are aware of the facts.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1121
One question... what is the Inspection System like in your state? Removing these systems is Illegal in most states. I'm not saying you should not do it.......just want to make sure you are aware of the facts.
Yeah I know, I live in NE and we don't have emissions testing.

Quick Reply: EGR and A.I.R delete?