Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those with Meziere WPs

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 09:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Those with Meziere WPs

I'm going to be running a Meziere elec. WP on my car without power steering so I'm using a short belt to drive only the alternator.
Can the idler pulley be removed from WP? If so that would solve any interferance problems with the intake and throttle cable cam. Bonus it would be removing weight from the front of the car.

Any help appreciated.

Last edited by AL SS590 M6; 04-09-2004 at 10:18 PM.
Old 04-11-2004, 02:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I assume your talking about the fixed idler since you have one that is spring loaded and one is fixed. Why not, as long as you leave the spring loaded idler in place to provide tension on the belt. The Meziere has a faux pulley over the electric motor that I believe is only there to give the belt something to ride on and maybe provide some circulating air to the electric motor. You'll have to take that into account when figuring out what the length of the replacement belt should be.
Old 04-11-2004, 09:57 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by eallanboggs
I assume your talking about the fixed idler since you have one that is spring loaded and one is fixed. Why not, as long as you leave the spring loaded idler in place to provide tension on the belt. The Meziere has a faux pulley over the electric motor that I believe is only there to give the belt something to ride on and maybe provide some circulating air to the electric motor. You'll have to take that into account when figuring out what the length of the replacement belt should be.
What I'm talking about removing is the "faux pulley" as you call it. My belt goes from the crank to the alternator around a manual tensioner on top of the alternator then back to the crank. It goes nowhere near the WP.
Anybody??

Last edited by AL SS590 M6; 04-12-2004 at 10:33 PM.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:34 PM
11 Second Club

ttt please
Old 04-12-2004, 11:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Buy the race pump, its 8# lighter than stock and cheaper than their street pump.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:13 PM
11 Second Club

Well I called and talked to a great guy at Meziere today. Pulley removal is easy and he said that it will probably make the pump last longer than leaving it on and not spinning it.
Terry, the reason that I went with the street pump is that I'm not comitted to the race setup. It's a strip/street car. This way I can convert it back to power steering easily.