Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about Cutouts

Old 10-20-2012, 10:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about Cutouts

I am pretty clueless on cutouts as far as how it affects the performance if at all, I have the slp magnaflow dual exhaust. My questions are were should i get them mounted? Should i just go with 1? Were is the ideal area to put them?
Old 10-20-2012, 10:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an electric cutout and will tell you that if you don't exercise it often, it sticks, on the other hand if you use it on the street you draw way too much attention (so damn loud). I once drove from Houston to Dallas with the cutout open and then back with the cutout closed. Gas mileage was only like 1-2 mpg different. Now the cutout will give you more power at higher RPMs. So if I had to do it over I would probably skip the electic cutout and just have a manual one for the track.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:41 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 3Camaros
I have an electric cutout and will tell you that if you don't exercise it often, it sticks, on the other hand if you use it on the street you draw way too much attention (so damn loud). I once drove from Houston to Dallas with the cutout open and then back with the cutout closed. Gas mileage was only like 1-2 mpg different. Now the cutout will give you more power at higher RPMs. So if I had to do it over I would probably skip the electic cutout and just have a manual one for the track.
ah ok sweet thanks
Old 10-20-2012, 10:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by STR8EVL-LSX
Cutouts don't affect the performance a huge deal. Depends on how well your current exhaust flows. They are more for sound than anything I think. I don't have cutouts on mine but my brother does on his cammed LS1. He has a single cutout just after the Y pipe. It sits almost directly below the passenger seat. Sounds sick as ****, especially on a cammed car.
I bet thats why i want to get one my exhaust setup sounds real nice right now but i want something to be obnoxious every once in a while haha
Old 10-21-2012, 09:18 PM
TECH Resident

O nice, i bet your excited haha

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Questions about Cutouts