Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PICS ADDED: Texas speed true duals w/ 3" dynomax ultra flo mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PICS ADDED: Texas speed true duals w/ 3" dynomax ultra flo mufflers

PICS ADDED AT BOTTOM

Anyone done this yet? I just ordered a pair. the local police have asked me to make it "not this loud"...what kind of bs description is that. Any way I ordered the 3" offset/offset. Was just gonna pull the bullets off and slide these on....maybe extend it under the axle again. Any opinions or someone that did this. They are only 1/2" thicker. Thanks

Last edited by the_blue_rider84; 10-30-2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Added Pics and corrected title
Old 10-24-2012, 02:22 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The thickness is not what will get you, it's the case width. Check the sticky about true duals and you will see the issues with full case style mufflers. In most instances, it's not just a bolt on and go kind of deal.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:30 AM
Launching!

i got pulled over and few weeks ago, and the cop just told me to slow it down and the car sounds good. and i have TSP headers and duals with the bullets
Old 10-24-2012, 04:54 AM
On The Tree

I actually ordered them last week. They just came in yesterday afternoon. I put it up right beside my bullet. It may actually just bolt up. The length is almost the same. Will have to weld on hangers. I thought I would need some short bends to get the mufflers to fit beside each other but since I ordered the offset/offset its going to be just perfect. I would put them on this weekend but they sent 1 wrong 2 in 1 out muffler. I will take some pics when I get home.

Edit the title they are ultra flo mufflers not high flo
Old 10-24-2012, 05:04 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Karl101
i got pulled over and few weeks ago, and the cop just told me to slow it down and the car sounds good. and i have TSP headers and duals with the bullets
Funny thing is that is what always happens to me. The awesome sound of the tsp w/ bullets and a built motor have actually got me out of several tickets. Even when I did a 95% throttle based u turn in front of an unmarked police car. Lol...anyways this was actually the police chief that pulled me. Who knows why he wanted to be a douche
Old 10-24-2012, 07:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the sound of dynomax bullets!!! Pure muscle sound
Old 10-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Staging Lane

Love to hear/see some video!
Old 10-24-2012, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

i got a 4inch ypipe(mufflex w'merge) and a 4 inch dynomax dumped..luv it! has avery deep sound..i get alot of compliments..before that had a 3inch dynomax with hooker ypipe..i didnt like the hooker ypipe as you could see i t had alot of restrictions where the y pipe crashed so when i wanted a better merge i got the mufflex 4inch y pipe and stuck to dynomax,so you could say im partial to them
Old 10-24-2012, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Dynomax Exhaust
Love to hear/see some video!
I will definitely get you guys a video. Yall wouldn't happen to have a location near charlotte where I could take it so you guys could check it out do you. You could make a high quality video and use it for whatever I dont care.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:04 AM
Launching!

Lol i got pulled over again yesterday, 80-65, sucks that i got no compliments
Old 10-25-2012, 11:01 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by the_blue_rider84
I will definitely get you guys a video. Yall wouldn't happen to have a location near charlotte where I could take it so you guys could check it out do you. You could make a high quality video and use it for whatever I dont care.

We are in SoCal, Michigan and our plant is in VA. I think we will be in Charlotte next summer... 2013 Hot Rod Power Tour ends there, I believe... just checkd it does.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

Just got the other muffler today. they almost were a direct replacement! So easy to swap anyone could do it. All I had to do was buy 2 pieces of 3"pipe from autozone. Cut to desired length (needed to push these shorter mufflers out to reach the hangers). I welded the existing hangers to the new mufflers.

I will get some exact measurements maybe tomorrow.

Unbelievable difference. There is no kind of rasp that anyone could describe. I will have to video. Too hard to explain. All I know is the tone is so sweet compared to the bullets (which are awesome in their on way)

The cam still rattles stuff inside the shop from 30ft away but the noise in the car, around the car, wot, etc is a lot less loud.

When you let off at 4500 you dont get that shitty backlash whatever sound. Just a nice smooth rpm fall.

Its kinda got that crisp sound like a mustang but it is much meaner sounding than that.

Pics video and more info coming soon..
Old 10-30-2012, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

Here are some pics. More pics and video maybe tomorrow.

Quick Reply: PICS ADDED: Texas speed true duals w/ 3" dynomax ultra flo mufflers