Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hesitation Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 02:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hesitation Question

I started my car, and it turned over, HOWEVER, it died....then i started it again, revved it up, it was mis-firing and died again....i waited approx. 30 secs, fired it up again, and it was fine...it was almost like it wasnt getting enough fuel....

Is it my injectors or fuel pump? Its a 2001 LS1, with 110,000 miles on it....i have never had the fuel system flushed out, or the injectors cleaned...could it be the fuel pump or fuel filters? any input would be appreciated....thx guyz/girlz
Old 04-11-2004, 01:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ttt...
Old 04-11-2004, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well....lets hope its not the fuel pump cause those things cost a fortune to replace. By saying that you've never had the injectors cleaned do you mean that you've never dumped a container of cleaner in the tank?? IF that is the case...I would start with doing that. Also if its been a while since the fuel filter had been changed..definately do that. It's been my experience that when fuel pumps go bad, they usually do it immediately, you might get the car to run for another five minutes, but that's it. So the fact that you were able to get the thing to run fine for a while afterwards is good. Keep us posted and good luck. And BTW...how does your LS1 run with the 110K on it compared to when it was newer???
Old 04-11-2004, 05:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well, it runs like a champ...but when i put my 18's w/ NITTO 555's on it, there was a dip in the mileage and it slowed it down a bit...other than that, runs fine...and its only hesitated twice while trying to start it....now its fine, no problems....and yes, I have dumped injector cleaner in the tank, but i've only done it twice, and i just put one on my last fill up....should i do it every 3000k miles like it says?