Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Everyone with Off-roads.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 01:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Everyone with Off-roads.

Whats up guys?

My fried has a Cobra with an off-road x pipe and thier rear bumper is covered with a film from the exhaust. It looks like total ****, and I was wondering if other people are having this problem also because I was looking to get some LT's wiith an off-road y.

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2004, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

How often does he wash his car? Mine gets at washed weekly and rinsed off at least 2 more times a week. So if I do get some kind of residue on my back bumper it never has a chance to build up enough to notice and most of the time my cutout is open dumping under the car.
Old 04-11-2004, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

When I was running my ORY I would get a sort of Orangeish film on my rear bumper @ CME valance when I did really short trips. Under normal driving conditions it would slowly build up but would easily wash off when I washed the car. My CME tips would get really dirty doing short trips with the ORY. Now with my QTP catted Y there is no film, no carbon on the tips nothing! And the exhaust smells a crap load better.