Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant bubbling over

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 03:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant bubbling over

I don't really know where to start or what to think about this. My car doesn't run hot or anything wrong with the cooling system except when I park the car after driving it I notice the coolant is bubbling over into the overflow reservoir, radiator doesn't leak, and I've replaced the cap, nothing seems to have changed
Old 10-31-2012, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

I am also running straight water through the system right now, I don't think this will make a difference will it? When I was running antifreeze in with it the coolant still bubbled over just not as drastically is it has when I was running straight water through it. I'm going to be adding antifreeze to it, but I'm trying to run the system and flush it out so I can run regular antifreeze and not that dexcool crap
Old 11-01-2012, 09:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have you recently performed work on your car?

reason i ask is because i had the same exact issue....and the problem was that the 2 coolant lines that go to the radiator were reversed...

the engine STEAM PIPE needs to be on the lower radiator nipple, and the overflow hose needs to be on the upper radiator nipple. hope this helps...G.L
Old 11-02-2012, 12:43 PM
On The Tree

That's a good question, now that you mention it I'm not too sure if I have them oriented right. I'll have to check that. Thank you

Quick Reply: Coolant bubbling over