Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel pressure gauge on LS1

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel pressure gauge on LS1

Hey I wanted to hook a fuel pressure gauge to my car, what would I tap into? Thanks!
Old 04-11-2004, 05:42 PM
12 Second Club

On the driver's side fuel rail on the end facing the radiator, there should be a test port (I think) on it, put a fitting on that and you should be good to go.

Robbie
Old 04-11-2004, 08:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hardtop00SS
On the driver's side fuel rail on the end facing the radiator, there should be a test port (I think) on it, put a fitting on that and you should be good to go.

Robbie
Old 04-11-2004, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll need to use needle nose pliers to remove the schader valve in it. This is also where you can bleed off the pressure. Then you'll need to get a couple of fittings to attach the sending unit to. My suggestion for that is to take the car and sending unit to a pipe fitting store and show them the fuel rail and sending unit so they can give you the right fittings. I ran around in circles with advice on here of get this or get that and nothing worked for me. After a whole day of going to store after store I went to the pros and they hooked me up in 2 minutes and $6. Pics of mine are in my sig.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:48 AM
TECH Addict

ya take that schader little vlv. out.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

First go and get a nitrous 4an manifoid it has a 1/4 inch pipe tap in it. ( you can find this Item at alot of auto parts stores ) Then thread the manifold (tee) to the fitting on the end of your fuel rail (driver side).....After you turn your car off then push the shrader valve in ( just like on your tires),,,make sure you have a rag by you beacause there will be a small amount of fuel that will come out. I like to do this beacause it lets the presure out of the fuel rail so you can take the shrader valve out easily...After all that take some needle nose plyers and turn counter clockwise to get the little shrader valve out. Now you can mount the manifold (tee) than fuel sending unit..Then reinstall the stock cap on the end of the manifold (tee)............Now this may seem intense but it is really easy.....like 3-5 min install......Have fun!!!!!!!.....Oh yea becarefull the fitting on the end of the fuel rail in plastic...so do go putting a 36" Pipe wrench on it!!
Old 04-12-2004, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys! I think I'm going to put mine on this weekend.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:54 AM
Teching In

Does anyone a link for a electric f/p gauge and a/t temp gauge
Old 08-19-2014, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm assuming all you guys were leaving the gauge in the engine bay? How would you go about running one in the cab? Surely all you guys aren't running mechanical gauges in the car.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JustAFooL
I'm assuming all you guys were leaving the gauge in the engine bay? How would you go about running one in the cab? Surely all you guys aren't running mechanical gauges in the car.
I'm sure they are referring to it hooking up to a transducer and to a gauge that is scaled properly to read.

Quick Reply: Fuel pressure gauge on LS1