Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

coils not firing?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coils not firing?

ive searched and not come up with anything but my problem is the coils are not firing on 2.3.7.8. youcan grab onto the header tubes on those cylinders an dthey are luke warm the others are to hot to touch so ive ran through all the wiring and checked all the grounds the only thing i havent replaced is the crank sensor csn that cause it just to hit on some and not on others im to the point im fixing to order a new computer and wiring harness does anybody have any input before i order the harness
Old 11-05-2012, 10:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's thread going on, above^^.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...need-help.html
I encountered a similar problem with what I thought were some non-firing cylinders (cold headers).
I found that the small, coil harness had been turned around, backward on both the passenger and driver's side. So, instead of having 1, 3, 5, 7...I had 7, 5, 3, 1,. Likewise with the pass side....instead of 2, 4, 6, 8...I had 8, 6, 4, 2.
Verify that the color codes on both coil harnesses are correct to each cylinder.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Look at the pin cavities on both of the coil pack harnesses. The connectors that plug into each coil pack and the female end of the connector where the coil pack harness plugs into the engine harness.

Check the silver electrical female terminals inside the cavities in the connectors and look to see if any of them looked to be stretched opened. If they are use a pick to pull down on the little "tab" of the terminal to ensure there is a good contact between both the female and male terminals.

The silver terminal in this picture you want to make sure is not stretched from having unplugged and plugged in the connector a bunch of times.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:36 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I had the same problem on the dyno last month. Turned out it wasn't a coil. It was one of my injectors.

If it ISN'T the coils, maybe it's a whole bank of injectors. Just something to keep in the back of your head.

Quick Reply: coils not firing?