Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0174 Bank 2 Lean (forever.......)

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 07:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P0174 Bank 2 Lean (forever.......)

I have replaced everything, plugs, wires, O2 sensors, coil packs, etc. Sent out injectors to be professional cleaned and tested.

Pulled intake and replaced all gaskets.

When it is cool outside, it seems to run fine. When it is warmer out, (perhaps >80F), the problem starts. Usually I feel it first as a stumble at idle, then a hesitation on accelerating, then really rough (cam like) conditions. Once it starts, B2S1 stays at 0.1V or less more and more often, until it never goes over 0.1V except when decelerating.

Anyone have a suggestion (other than C4) that I can try to resolve this?

ONLY Bank 2, bank 1 O2 always switches properly.

Not that it matters, but stock except for BBK TB and intake, lid, and cat back.

Jon
Old 11-14-2012, 03:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2000 TAWS6
I have replaced everything, plugs, wires, O2 sensors, coil packs, etc. Sent out injectors to be professional cleaned and tested.

Pulled intake and replaced all gaskets.

When it is cool outside, it seems to run fine. When it is warmer out, (perhaps >80F), the problem starts. Usually I feel it first as a stumble at idle, then a hesitation on accelerating, then really rough (cam like) conditions. Once it starts, B2S1 stays at 0.1V or less more and more often, until it never goes over 0.1V except when decelerating.

Anyone have a suggestion (other than C4) that I can try to resolve this?

ONLY Bank 2, bank 1 O2 always switches properly.

Not that it matters, but stock except for BBK TB and intake, lid, and cat back.

Jon
exhaust leak???
Old 11-14-2012, 03:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by cyipher
exhaust leak???
I guess anything is possible, but that is not likely. Original factory manifolds that I believe have never been off.

Jon
Old 11-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Banned

Any cylinder missfire codes? Have you checked the valve springs and valves? Perhaps pull that side valve cover and inspect everything carefully. Inspect the injector wiring carefully and check the injector fuse witing carefully for that bank. The injectors have 12volts + all the time, the pcm grnds each injector to open them. Maybe you have a wiring or voltage problem?

Last edited by Camaroo1; 11-17-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:13 PM
TECH Addict

I was throwing out a lean code too and it turned out to be the AIR tube gasket. I guess I didnt put it back at some point and I just bought one and put it on and the code has been away for at least 6 months now.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:19 AM
Launching!

OP what kind of MAF do you have is it stock or after market see if you can borrow another stock MAF. i had this problem once turned out the SLP after market MAF went bad put the stock one back on cleared the codes and had no further issues
Old 11-23-2012, 07:02 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TransamGCS
OP what kind of MAF do you have is it stock or after market see if you can borrow another stock MAF. i had this problem once turned out the SLP after market MAF went bad put the stock one back on cleared the codes and had no further issues
It's a screened stock unit, already shitcanned the aftermarket one.

Jon
Old 11-23-2012, 07:03 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SS DNA
I was throwing out a lean code too and it turned out to be the AIR tube gasket. I guess I didnt put it back at some point and I just bought one and put it on and the code has been away for at least 6 months now.
I got rid of my air system, but I am going to re-gasket the block off plates, only have high temp RTV on them now.

Thanks!

Jon
Old 11-23-2012, 09:55 AM
9 Second Club

I would check for a vacuum leak. Possibly a deformed rubber boot or broken plastic line, or even possibly a bad pcv valve. I would also check the o2 sensor, possibly switch it from b1 to b2 and see if the problem follows. Also I would only use gm o2 sensors.

Quick Reply: P0174 Bank 2 Lean (forever.......)