Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boosted intake selection????

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 01:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boosted intake selection????

Hey guys, had some questions that me searching hasn't yielded many answers.

Anyway a little history of the car. 98 z28 i put a lq9 turned 370,ls6 intake, 317 heads,hp performance turbo kit. fuel system is done, suspension is done, 12 bolt rear

I sold the car a few yeas back and well it looks like I'm going to be getting it back. So needless to say I've been out of the LSX game for around 3 years. I know there are more efficient parts now.

The car is at a point that all is left to do is a larger turbo, heads,and intake.I also know that my ls6 intake could show me it's insides at any moment the more I throw boost to this thing.
My question is whats a good intake manifold to use? I really like the Holley Hi-Ram but this thing is still streetable and I don't want to lose the wipers just yet. Is it possible to keep just the drivers wiper?

Back when i had this thing the first time i tried a EFI Victor Jr. with the edelbrock elbow and i hated the thing you could feel the loss in power and torque and that's how it ended up with a ls6 on it. I have since heard that the edelbrock elbow sucks and anything over around 400hp it's choking. Is there any truth to this?

If it's true i wouldn't mind trying it again with a quality elbow. So guys any suggestions on intakes? Thanks a lot.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The holley hi ram will definitely cost you both wipers. The Edelbrock pro flo will let you keep the drivers side
Old 11-25-2012, 09:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm going to ise a FAST 102mm intake manifold and hopefully Ill be pushing over 900RWHP
Old 11-25-2012, 10:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

im 750+ with a stock truck intake haha. the ls6 isnt THAT much of a restriction. it hurts perf im sure but oh well just turn up the boost
Old 11-26-2012, 12:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

In reality, to keep your wipers, eliminate the risk of it coming apart and keeping the performance of the ls6 would be a bbk intake. And even then, they have a history of the bottom plate leaking under high boost.

The other option is the fast. Plenty of high boost cars run this intake. Or if your are feeling froggy, a beck sheet metal intake.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

oh i forgot to mention.....i made 24.8lbs of bost on my last run friday

Quick Reply: Boosted intake selection????