Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Droped my car off for header and motor mount install!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 08:18 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I droped my car off yesterday for my headers to be installed and tuned. I decided after reading on here to get the motor mounts done. I am getting the polethrune mounts. I have 100 thousand miles didnt want to take a chance and have problems. Anyways I am getting 1 7/8 tsp ss headers and there ory installed with stock exhaust. After tune and all what do you think car will put down for rwhp/tq. I have a lid. All replys appreciated. Cant wait to get car back tommorow I have done a search and I cannot find anyone with a dyno of lt headers, ory and there stock exhaust
Old 11-30-2012, 08:02 AM
Teching In

I'm looking forward to seeing the new HP & TQ numbers after the install!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:06 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99Hawk521
I'm looking forward to seeing the new HP & TQ numbers after the install!
I will post them today searched couldnt find with stock exhaust dyno should be around 320 i hope
Old 11-30-2012, 09:17 AM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Why spend all that money and put it into the stock catback (unless you have the SLP dual/dual "stock" exhaust, which is a nice exhaust)? I hooked mine up to the factory catback, but only until I decided what CB I wanted to run. It doesn't sound bad with the stock exhaust, but if you are gonna spend the money on a tune and dyno session you might as well get all you can out of it (unless you want to keep paying for re-tunes in the future if you make any changes). Thats just my opinion though, my car put down 351 RWHP and 365 FT LBS with intake and exhaust.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by z-camaro
Why spend all that money and put it into the stock catback (unless you have the SLP dual/dual "stock" exhaust, which is a nice exhaust)? I hooked mine up to the factory catback, but only until I decided what CB I wanted to run. It doesn't sound bad with the stock exhaust, but if you are gonna spend the money on a tune and dyno session you might as well get all you can out of it (unless you want to keep paying for re-tunes in the future if you make any changes). Thats just my opinion though, my car put down 351 RWHP and 365 FT LBS with intake and exhaust.
Off topic but sick Sig pic
Old 11-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Launching!

I dont have the doe for exhaust right now. With catback will not need to be retuned not gonna make or break. It will help but i am gonna save for exhaust and intake then have it retuned. I made 322 rwhp and 323 tq. Not to bad. I am not the best saver so i did headers and ory now. I can get a slp loudmouth but the i pipe is welded. Would that be a problem? Price is cheap
Old 11-30-2012, 05:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by chevybayboy
Off topic but sick Sig pic
Thanks! I need to get a better one sometime, the pictures were taken on different days and times.

Originally Posted by dhctss
I dont have the doe for exhaust right now. With catback will not need to be retuned not gonna make or break. It will help but i am gonna save for exhaust and intake then have it retuned. I made 322 rwhp and 323 tq. Not to bad. I am not the best saver so i did headers and ory now. I can get a slp loudmouth but the i pipe is welded. Would that be a problem? Price is cheap
Decent numbers, what kind of dyno was it? I am assuming you don't have the SLP Dual/Dual catback (part of the 345 hp SS package)?
The loudmouth depends on if you like loud and raspy exhaust or not. Its a personal preference, listen to some sound clips on ls1sounds.com or youtube.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:48 AM
Launching!

It is a mustang dyno. So with a different dyno would of been higher numbers? I have stock ss exhaust not the slp dual.i am very happy with slowhawk performance. Don made my car wake up with his tune
Old 12-01-2012, 09:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

leave the stock catback on it and put a ecutout after the y before the axle. it will flow better than any catback you can find and still be quiet as a mouse when you don't want it. just my 2 cents. i've had 7 different setups on 3 different fbodies. my next one is what i described to you.

good numbers, esp for a mustang dyno and ls1 intake.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by s346k
leave the stock catback on it and put a ecutout after the y before the axle. it will flow better than any catback you can find and still be quiet as a mouse when you don't want it. just my 2 cents. i've had 7 different setups on 3 different fbodies. my next one is what i described to you.

good numbers, esp for a mustang dyno and ls1 intake.
i have to replace catback stock one rusting out, i am leaning towards magnaflow and cutout. I went look at slp loudmouth. I drove an hour to meet guy. He stoped answering phone and then shut off. Pos i cant believe how people are. On my way there he calls me and said wife locked keys in car. That was before he shut off phone. Oh well i can wait. What cutout do you recomend?
Old 12-02-2012, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Mustang probably reads 20-25 hp lower than a Dynojet
Old 12-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Launching!

wow that is a big difference so my car is about 335-345 to the wheels then with a dynojet. I cant wait to get some 1/4 times this spring. I am hoping for low 13s as I never drove a m6 at track. I had two a4 cars. Im sure car is capable of high 12s with a driver mod lol

Quick Reply: Droped my car off for header and motor mount install!!