Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New car

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 09:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New car

Hey everybody, I just picked up a 2000 SS off of a guy and it is completely stock. He took great care of the car, it has 326,000 miles on it but looks and feels like it barely has 50,000 on it. I don't want to go extreme on it as I have my Trans-Am for drag racing. I think I want to keep this one more a a road style car. I mainly want to make it sound and look badass. I have a spare set of Kook's 1-7/8" headers left over from my Trans-Am, I switched to 2" on it. I plan on putting them on the car and was looking at the Kook's true dual exhaust system with the dual tips not the quad tips. I know 1-7/8" header are huge for this motor but I already have them. What do you guys think of the Kook's dual exhaust? I will also be putting a lid on the car or going with the Volant intake with a smooth bellow, ported MAF, ported throttle body, and a LS6 manifold. I don't plan on doing a heads and cam job to this car anytime soon. This will be my daily driver for right now.

Last edited by josh2002-ws6; 12-08-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah you should stay with the 1 7/8 Kooks for sure, if you plan in the future of doing a fully bolt on car then true duals is perfect for your set up. As far as the Kook's True Dual set up goes I think its hell of a good sounding exhaust system and you benefit good amount of RWHP from it! You want your car to sound loud? or just a good semi loud kind of idle?
Old 12-08-2012, 01:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't want really loud like most SLP. I watched the YouTube videos of the Kook's duals and the sound like what I am looking for.

Quick Reply: New car